Monday, July 30, 2018

I am Just a Provincial Putz

I finished writing and posting yesterday's blog just a few minutes ago and now I am writing today's blog today. I hope I can finish today's blog today so I don't have to finish it and post it tomorrow. If I posted yesterday's blog today is it still yesterday's blog? I should be able to write the entire blog today and then even post it today. Being that Cha Cha will be gone from tomorrow morning until Friday night and I am incapacitated I don't think I will have much problem writing and posting the rest of the week. That is, unless, I keep watching things like Blazing Saddles as I am doing at the moment; I am just a provincial putz who likes films with people with names like Anal Johnson who likes to keep his bar clean. I have not seen so many Johnson's in one film since the Dirty 30 was still open. I think Mel Brooks has quite a career ahead of him. One of my favorite part of this film is when Gene Wilder makes Cleavon Little laugh. I think Wilder was ad-libbing and caught him off guard; I am fairly sure that Wilder was improving his line. That photo up there, to the left, is just before the laugh.
,
I am trying to get back into the low-paying position of working for a newspaper or two and another magazine. Money isn't everything and I was happiest when I was writing for publications. PRINT IS NOT DEAD! I also felt like I was making much more of an impact to the betterment of society than I am now. The Dirty Laundry Podcast will probably be coming back soon also. We need to try to get it monetized by advertisers and such when we get going again.
Art work for our podcast done primarily by Tom Butts

The doorbell just rang and I hobbled to the door. I was surprised that Jeff didn't bark or run to the front door; as he usually does I hope he's still alive. He is probably in the laundry room (no pun intended) because it is dark (no windows) and it's very cool from the air conditioning.The door was the Sun Basket people delivering the box of three meals for this week but Jill will not be here. for two of those. I guess I will either wait to make the other two when she is back home or I will see if Fabio wants to stop by for dinner for a few nights. I will ask Cha Cha what her preference is.

Over the weekend I went to Ma Meyer's life celebration. I saw so many of my friends from now and from when I was a yute. We all talked about the good times we had when we were younger: travelling the countryside in buses and sleeping on gymnasium floors or abandoned college dorm beds and marching in the tremendous heat and humidity. I heard so many stories from those days; some that I remembered and some that I did not but they all brought the great memories that I did/do remember to the service again. Many, many friends for life! When we weren't travelling we were always practicing for the next show. Hopefully we will all get together again soon without someone having to die to do so. The gathering made we want to check and see who else I could find on social media to reconnect with and I sent some friend requests out and already have some new/old friends from back in the day. We can never have too many friends - INDEED!
Jeff is a hat-guy just like me

Jeff is back - he just came down from upstairs; he was probably sleeping on my our bed; yes, he sleeps in bed with me. It works out nicely because he likes the fan on as do I. The only problem I have is if there are storms. He shivers and pants and tries to lie on my head. I guess Border Collies are very sensitive to barometric pressure changes because he shivers even before I hear winds blowing or thunder crashing. At least this particular Border Collie is. He's a pretty smart dog though he can be a handful at times. He's a lot like me in that regard. That photo is old because that bottle of wine corks is just about full now. The picture could be, like, almost a month ago.

 I have been setting-up Quicken for all of our bills over the past few days. It is a real eye-opener to find where our money is going. It is so easy to just whip-out that debit card and those credit cards with total disregard as to where all the money is going. I would have to say that I am the worst abuser of our funds and that has stopped over the last week or two. Continuing to control my male-urge to spend, spend, spend is my burden to bare. I have been doing much better and I find that I don't need quite as much as I thought I needed. I am mo minimalist yet but that is where I am headed. We have lots of things in the basement that we haven't even looked at in years and it's time to sell stuff and give things away. I am going to start with the red trailer picture there. $500 seems fair.
$500 and I do have the trailer title and a spare tire as you see

I guess I am going to call this a wrap because I am just filibustering if I keep going. It would not be the first time that I was guilty of that, in fact, me just continuing that previous run-on sentence is proof of that allegation. Thank you, so much, for stopping by today. I am always happy to know that there are like-minded people out there and I am also happy to know that there are people who are not like-minded with me many times. Be who you are and have a great rest if your day/night. TTTT... MITM (out) SO LONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment