Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A Vast Wasteland!

It is already 13:48 and I am just starting to write because it was quite a busy day thus far. I was hoping that my new contributing writer had her next installment of The Mysterious Island of Mr. Stout ready but genius cannot be rushed. If you have not read the fist installment, shame on you, you can look at the previous blog for the link. I really do not wish shame on you; I reserve my shame for the people who are currently ruining our country.

As you can see, I am continuing with the phony advertisements. If you find some that you think would be good for the blog please sent them to me. Remember that I will make the decision whether they will be used or not. Also remember that I am not very picky and I will post almost anything.

Yesterday when I was on the way home someone drove up next to me and asked, "did you know you have a low tire?" I said "no" and I thanked him for telling me. This morning, after I fixed the garage door opener,  I went over to get the screw taken out of the tire and have the tire patched. I sat in the little waiting room where the television was vomiting The Maury Show (Maury Povich). How can that piece of crap show still be on? How could that piece of crap show ever make the airwaves in the first place?  Newton Minow was so right when, in 1961, while he was the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Chairmen he said that "television is a vast wasteland." We spend a lot of time discussing Minow in our radio/ television classes.It is even worse now with all about baby mamas and baby daddies and DNA tests to find out who the real parents were so some bologna. I am so glad that we do not have regular television anymore. I am mush happier watching what we want to watch when we want to watch it. Al la cart is the way to go baby!

So, anyway, after I left there I went to Jewel to get Cha Cha the fruits that she and the beverages that she likes (diet root beer and diet ginger ale for all of you Cha Cha buffs) likes. Then I went to Schnuck's and got a few more things like bananas and some of my beverages (caffeine free/calorie free iced tea) I will not share the brand because it is difficult enough to find as it is; I don't need any more competition. Then I came home and put the air compressor away that I had left in the garage after airing the tire for the short trip to the tire shop.

Tomorrow I am going to see a podiatrist. You'd think, with all of the foot problems that I have had since 1980, that I would have been to a podiatrist before but, nope. The last time I had a doctor look at my feet was when I had have of my great toe partially hacked-off when I was run-over by a fork lift. I have often said, and still believe, that was the most fortuitous day of my life. I know it sounds insane but I am serious when I say that because two amazing people actually exist because of that day and I have spent over 35 years with the most amazing person that I have ever known because of that day. I would have my toe chopped off all over again if the same history were to lie ahead of me.

Wow, it's 16:36 now. I am making spoon tacos for dinner (a lighter version than I would usually make since my belts are getting tighter again). If you want the recipe let me know. It could not be easier and it is not expensive and it is great for leftovers. I don't know what it was ever called spoon tacos because I eat it with a fork.

I think I am going to wrap this up now mainly because I am gonna start dinner.

I hope you have a great rest of your day and night or night and day depending on where you are in the world. I am happy that you stopped by and that I could make you feel better about yourself by seeing how dingy I am. I will probably write again tomorrow depending on whether my writing protege has another installment of her story. If not, you will have me to have to trudge through again. Thanks again and stay liberal. TTTT...MITM (out)! Hey, Fabio just walked in - what a pleasant surprise.TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment