Thursday, July 19, 2018

Artsy-Fartsy Day

I think a few days ago or a week ago  I wrote how I felt like James Stewart in Rear Window because I had no way to get anywhere that day. I am kind of neurotic when I think I did or said something and I need proof right away for my sanity. So, I scrolled down to the previous blogs and see that I wrote about it in Sunday's blog. Well, now at 13:48, I came down stairs here with my grocery list to head over to the store to get a few things and I see that the FIAT is gone (with Jill at her office) and both sets of JEEP keys are gone. That is the perfect time for the murderer to make his move. I say "his" because most killers are males. I would walk over to the store, as it is not very far, but my torn Achilles is still aching with me not walking anywhere and I do not need it to get worse. I really prefer not to have surgery if I can control that option; I am doing what I can in that area.

After seeing that James Stewart photo up there I think I may make today's blog a little artsier than usual and use black-and-white photos. Jimmy Stewart up there made me think about Ironside (Raymond Burr). Creepy (or just coincidental). I didn't remember why he (Ironside) was in a wheelchair and I just learned that it was due to a failed assassination attempt. Why would I remember that? I was somewhere between five and ten years old. I only watched it because we only had three channels. I don't think PBS even existed yet. I know our television was only  black-and-white then.

I am really watching what I am eating even more than before. I am getting very little exercise because of my, mostly, immobile state. I may go downstairs today and do some weights (on the bench only. I bought plenty of healthy stuff to eat and I made a giant salad in a humongous bowl, that I take from, to eat smaller salads. I like salads so this works out very nicely. I have a bunch of white chicken meat that I add along with my giardiniera that I use for the dressing.

I am considering no longer being a trainer or a member of the ERT (emergency response team) when I get back to work. They pay no extra money though I do like helping people. If there is an emergency I have to go to wherever the problem is, of course. I also train safety school and that is almost on the entire other side of the humongous warehouse. I still have a few weeks (at least) to think about those decisions. If I did not do those things I would not have to walk near as much as I do at work now. They always say, "safety first."

It just started raining so I guess it is doubly good that I didn't try to limp to the store. It would have been a long, limping walk so it's just as well. Why doesn't Notre Dame use Quasimodo  as their mascot? I am Irish and I appreciate the advertising but this seems like a no-brainer. I am sure that it was considered at one time or another. Leprechauns aren't even real except in South Bend, Indiana and on Lucky Charms  boxes and commercials.

I have had enough and it's already 15:20 and I am hungry. Have a great rest of your Thursday. Thanks you, so very much, for dropping in. I am certain that I will find time in my boring schedule tomorrow to write again. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment