Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Showers Yes, But What About the Dishes?

Quit your screaming, it isn't that cold
It is 15:12 and my dogs are barking. I decided to walk to weigh-in today as I did not have a vehicle at my easy disposal. I could have rearranged things to have a ride but I thought this would be healthy. By the time I got there and back I could have run an 18.05684 K run (11.22 miles). Is there an 18K run? However, I did not run this time I just walked. I weighed-in and lost two more pounds this week. I only have to lose 0.6 pounds to have lost 40 pounds in the last four months; I am pretty happy with ten pounds a month. 2.5 pounds per week seems like a pretty healthy rate of loss.

We woke-up this morning and found no hot water coming out of the faucets (sinks, showers...). The heat in the house works and the gas stove works so it is not a natural gas issue. The pilot light is out on the water heater and I turned it off to allow any gas in the line to dissipate. I will go back down in a few minutes and try to relight the pilot light. I fear that the water heater has taken a poop. I don't mind cold showers as I had gotten used to them during puberty and, since we leave for Puerto Rico in two days, I doubt we will get a repairman here before then.

It was supposed to be near 70 degrees here today according to The Weather Channel but they were wrong. Right now, at what would normally be the warmest part of the day, it is only 51 degrees. I should have worn long pants on my walk but then I would have been hot.

See, they're already getting ready for Jeff's arrival
My legs are aching - too bad I cannot take a warm bath to soak them. My dogs are barking too. I am going to try to light the pilot light now without optimism. Unfortunately I was correct and it did not light. Now, I am waiting for the line to be free from gas again and I will try again.

Tomorrow I will have to mow the lawn again and edge the front yard; I hope it is warmer than it is right now. And, speaking of dogs, I also have to take Jeff to the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm tomorrow so he can make some new friends and smell some different butts for a few days. He seems to like it there; at least he has never verbalized any displeasure.

Y received a few phone calls from the radio station I applied for a job this morning. I have not talked to them yet but I seem to be in high demand all of a sudden, I will call them back but I am leaning toward them being in the "you snooze, you lose" category since I already have an orientation date set-up for someone who was prudent and expedient to corral my talents and abilities. I believe I will call the radio station back because that is what civilized people do (I have heard of this and I would like to take steps to becoming civilized),.
It's fun to shower at the Y - M - C - A!

Okay, I am going to try to light this candle (the pilot light). I am going back downstairs with the attitude that it WILL work this time and see how that works for me and the water-heater. BRB...Still could not light this candle. I will call a repair person and schedule them to come out after we get back from our zip-in-zip-out trip. I seriously don't have a problem taking cold showers though they are not my first choice. I have a park district card and we have a YMCA membership if some of the roommates cannot wait a few days. I bet the ocean is warm where we are headed?

I have lots of things written down in my little notebook so I don't have to do anything exciting or fun or interesting to be able to blog tomorrow. I believe I will have time to clear many of the notes I wake written while out and about (if I can read the scribbles I make while I am moving). I will blog tomorrow most probably and I suppose I should back my water shoes and such too. Thank you for stopping-in. I hope it is warmer tomorrow for all of us. It will probably be dry here because The Weather Channel app says rain. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment