Thursday, April 21, 2016

A Sure-Fire Betting System?

Happily, I will never understand prejudice
I cannot believe how hateful and ignorant some people are. I heard that there is one guy stockpiling twenty dollar bills (the ones with Andrew Jackson on them) so he never has to use a bill with an black woman on them. I suppose it is even a great kick to thins dude that Jackson is considered, by many, to have been the biggest racist American President in history. Some people seem to forget why our ancestors (at least many of them) came to this nation to escape racial persecution. I have no problem with any religion, race, gender, sexual orientation... and, even as a young child, I was accepting of all people no MATTer what. I just cannot understand the ignorance and narrow-mindedness of people who have to live other peoples' lives. I can barely handle my own junk sometimes and I certainly don;t want to mismanage your's too.

One week from today I will be in Puerto Rico; I am getting excited. I just reserved the rental car for the trip. I have to work-out the getting to O'Hare. The only issue is the return trip. We are leaving on two separate flights (three on one and two on one a couple of hours later). Cha Cha and I are the two and will just wait at O'Hare for two hours after the other three leave. Then, they will wait for us in San Juan for about an hour. On the way home they leave at 14:20 direct to Chicago and we leave at 17:35 and spend the night in Charlotte and come home the next morning. Maybe we will drive in and have them take the car home and we will take Uber or something home? My dad said he would pick us up too if we wanted him to... I may take him up on that one? I still have a week to iron that out.

I absolutely love to travel. I like everything about it; I do not mind screaming kids or crowds or running to catch a flight... I have traveled most of my life with drum and bugle corps and such and, I didn't even come to my current home (USA) until I was eight months old. Travel became part of my DNA make-up almost from the beginning. I suppose we all (unless we are C-Sections, I guess) travel through the birth canal so, I guess, most of us are travelers by nature and nurture.

There is a new story out that says the Chicago Cubs threw the 1918 World Series to Babe Ruth and the Boston Red Sox right before the Black White Sox threw the 1919 World Series. If that is true I hope they are cursed. It makes sense that, since Chicago was a huge gangster town, that the fix would be in more than once. Ironically, the fix was put into play by a St. Louis gambler named Henry "Kid" Becker. It seems that the Red Sox and the Cubs rode the train together from Chicago to Boston and that is where the plans were laid. A couple of key pick-off plays and outfielders playing shallowly (even after the pitcher signaled one of them to back-up but was ignored) when Babe Ruth "THE SULTAN OF SWAT" was at bat and hit a triple off of one of the Cubs' heads. I realize that the players were under-paid because their pay had been considerably lowered that year but what about For The Love of the Game?

I just read that Percy Sledge and Prince both died. Prince was only 57 years old. I suppose now, whatever singer dies next, will be forever linked with these two because famous people always die in threes right? I was a big Prince fan. He was an amazing musician and also helped many other acts blossom. I thing I saw Purple Rain in theaters about four or five times. I am sure Purple Rain will be on television very soon so people can capitalize on Prince's death. How else will they sell bagel bites and car wax...?
 I bet they all start and end with selling these books 
The Cardinals beat the Cubs yesterday so now I have to buy a bottle of that Cardinals wine every time I want a Cards' win? Or, does it only work against Chicago? I would buy one every time they played the Cubs if it guaranteed a victory but I don't know if I care that much to buy 162 bottles of wine per season. 94 wins seems to be the number to secure playing in the post-season. So, if I buy it directly from mlb.com they will charge me $53.99 plus shipping for three bottles. So, that is roughly $18 per bottle before shipping. That alone would cost me $1,692 plus shipping. If I could guarantee that would work I would do it in a heartbeat and then lay lost of money on the purchase plus interest on the Cardinals to make the post-season and recoup my money with lots of interest. Heck, if it worked I would find-out which team had the longest odds and send them to the World Series by buying their wine and I'd clean-up. Is this one of those "I've got a sure-fire winning system" deals? No, it is not but the success rate is 100% so far with buying this one bottle and getting a win. They play the Padres tomorrow night so I may have to buy another bottle tonight or tomorrow and test my theory. I could save the receipts and take the bottles back if they lost... hmmm. I have not opened the one I bought yesterday so the wine does not even have to be opened to get a win it appears. Maybe this one bottle is all I needed to buy for the whole season. I will go with that theory until they lose again - maybe one bottle is worth 9 mins and I will only have to buy 10 bottles plus whatever is needed in the postseason.

I am watching Caddyshack while I write this. It is one of the best golf movies (okay THE BEST) of all-time. Tin Cup is good. Happy Gilmore is good. Bagger Vance - good.  The Greatest Game ever Played is good. There are a few others that are okay but I would stick with those FORE (or five)!

I am getting long-winded again so I will end now. Thank you for stopping by - I am glad I took your mind off of the things you should be doing instead. Life is filled with too many "shoulds" and have to's." I am pretty sure I will be blogging again tomorrow. I have to get as many in as I can because who knows if I will blog at all from Puerto Rico?! Have a super rest of your day. TTTT (84.231%)...MITM (out) TA!

Be well.
Be Happy,
Be Peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment