Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hopefully Day-Sleeping is in My Past!

 Yes, I have corporate sponsors and paparazzi and fans when I ride in the basement  
It is already 15:17 - time flies when time is flying.


I weighed-in this morning and I lost a whopping .6 pounds (yes that is point six pounds). I am really glad that I rode the stationary bike in the basement for ten miles this morning. I bet you didn't know we have such a large basement did you. I didn't leisurely ride the bike either. Riding a stationary bike, as you know, is not like riding a regular bicycle. You have to actually pedal the entire ten miles to make the bike go ten miles... coasting does not add to the distance. Anyway, I am glad that I did that because maybe I would not have lost had I not done that?

Well, the Cubs beat the Cardinals last night and, as expected, I took some ribbing today; I am okay with that. We are all on our own journeys and I am on one of positivism and kindness and we all must choose our own paths. And, should the Cardinals win tonight, I will not say anything against the Cubs. They are a good team this season and I wish them well and they do deserve to win a World Series soon, even if it does not happen this season. I thought about going to see the game on Wednesday down in The Gateway to the West but, since we are going to Puerto Rico in a few weeks, it doesn't seem financial prudent. I will see a game or two this season but perhaps later in the season when the teams are all hitting their strides (no "hitting" pun intended).

Maybe you have noticed that I have not commented on politics much lately? Firstly, there is so many people commenting on politics that they/you do not need my opinions on things. We all have our views and our country was founded, partly, on that freedom. I will let the people who think they are experts say what they want but I know what values and views I look for from who I will vote for and I will cast my vote that way when it is time. I am not sure that many, if any, of the politicians aiming for the office of POTUS really deserve it so it is a lesser of all evils for me. There are more choices that I would not make than ones that I would make at this point.

I got information about my starting at my new job; I have orientation on May 11th. Apparently I passed the background check and the urinalysis (never a question since I am a boring, law-abiding citizen as far as most people know).  May 11 is a Wednesday so, I am assuming and hoping that I got my first choice of shifts that would be Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 06:00 - 16:00. That would mean that I would be off each of those days at 4PM and work only four tens instead of five eights. I am just assuming and guessing because maybe everybody will have orientation on that Wednesday? My second choice was to work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from 06:00 - 18:00. That one would give me a four-day weekend every week with Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays off - that would be cool too. I would be happy to work three twelves and that shift has $1.00/hour extra shift "Key Premium (probably because it is only 36 hours per week instead of 40). I am not sure when to give my two-week notice to my current job but I will know more in a few weeks.

It is a fun rivalry (most some of the time)
So far, I am not tired of my homemade corn tortillas. They are so simple to make and they are delicious and I only make them as I want to eat them so they are fresh and warm. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to decide to do this. I wonder how many other things I will do in the future that I wall say that same thing about then?

Okay, that is it for today. I said I would blog today so I blogged. I hope the Cardinals win tonight so tomorrow afternoon's game will be a deciding game for the series; life is always more spicy with a little bit of dramatic spice in my opinion. Have a great night. I think I will be able to blog again tomorrow (perhaps earlier). I am sure something in the world will happen that I will have an opinion about or a distorted view on. TTTT (94.931%)...MITM (out) TA!

Be Well,
Be Happy,
Be Peaceful

No comments:

Post a Comment