Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Be a Sport (seems like today's blog is one)

Hello, there! I cannot believe it is already 13:56. This morning I rode the stationary bike for ten miles and did about two miles on the treadmill. I guess it paid-off because, when I weighed-in today I was down 1.8 pounds for the week. That makes 37.4 pounds down since the last week of 2015. I know it will slow-down and I will eventually plateau but I will ride this wave as long as I can. 

I am happy to see that the St. Louis Cardinals have seemed to righted their ship. They began the season losing their first three games to the Pittsburgh Pirates but have now won their last four games sweeping the Atlanta Braves and beating the Milwaukee Brewers in the St. Louis home-opener yesterday. I have not and, even if provoked, will try very hard not to say or post much on Facebook about it. I have to accept that I live in Chicago Cubs' country and minorities are often abused and meant to feel bad in the country; there is a long history of that sort of abuse in American. I have never bashed another team though I have defended my team in the past. In all actuality, it is ridiculous to have issues over which sports teams people like. There are so many important things in life and if, what is supposed to be a distraction from everyday life be, sports become a bone of contention there are probably deeper issues at play. I know I can say that now but ask me how I feel come All-Star Break time.The Cubs and Cardinals play each other next week for the first time this season so that is when my true resolve will be tested for the first time this season. I wish the Cubs well this season.
I don't really have a whole bunch on my mind today so I am not sure why I decided to blog. I think I may just be tired from the 12 miles this morning on no food or drink. 

I am watching Rocky (1976) while I write this today. I recorded it over the weekend with the free Starz / Encore weekend. This is really a very good film. Stallone has made some pretty good movies and he has made some stinkers too. I imagine that can be said for most of the actors that have had fairly long movie careers. Speaking of good actors I immediately think of Morgan Freeman. Cha Cha and I have been watching his new series / documentary on NAT GEO (National Geographic Channel) called The Story of God with Morgan Freeman. It is a really good series. He visits different parts of the world and different cultures and talks to experts all over the world about their beliefs of deities. It is very interesting to learn where all of the beliefs and superstitions... come from. I have my own belief and, just like everybody else, I KNOW that mine is the correct belief. I never really thought of it but diets and deities are very similar words aren't they? I bet that is not coincidence. I also bet it isn't a coincidence that Morgan Freeman hosts this show since he played God in Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty. George Burns would have been good too - especially if he came back from the dead to do the series. Incidentally, I bet The Cardinals are God's favorite baseball team and The Saints are probably his NFL fave.
  What a special man he was  

Did you know that baseball is the most popular sport in Puerto Rico? Maybe I will try to catch a game while am there? Some pretty good ball players came from there: Roberto Clemente, Yadier Molina, Orlando Cepeda, Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez, Jose Cruz, Edgar Martinez...I may have to buy a baseball jersey as a souvenir. Maybe from the Gigantes de Carolina since they play in Roberto Clemente Stadium. I got Clemente's autograph when I was a kid and didn't take care of it, of course. Hopefully that shows-up again one day.We never listen to our parents do we?

It is almost 16:00 so I am done for today. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I will probably blog again tomorrow.Have a great night and, who knows, maybe it will get warm here soon in the MIDDLEwest? TTTT (92%)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment