Thursday, April 14, 2016

Blogging is the Spice of Life

I found these elaborate cul-de-sac plans near the tunnel entrance
Man, it's already nearly 13:00. I guess that is okay because I did some grocery shopping and some laundry and took Jeff Helser to the dog park. I just heard Jeff outside trying to dig under the fence again and, upon inspection,  he is confined to quarters (in the house - house arrest) for the rest of the day. Such a shame that it is the nicest day of the year so far and the brat has to stay inside. There seriously is an area near the gate on the side of the house that looks like Jeff was playing Hogan's Heroes or The Great Escape and tunneling out. Maybe, since he was working alone, he was more like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Redemption. Good thing I am a better Warden than Warden Norton and I foiled the plan before the escape. So, now the prisoner is in the hole (the house) and whining like a bitch (but, since he is a male he is just a bitch "poser").

At the dog park Jeff was trying to prove his dominance by humping several of the other dogs. So, as you might imagine, we did not stay very long.

While driving to the store with Jeff (BHA - before house arrest) I heard a story on the radio that Canada had a record number of UFO sightings reported in 2015 according to Winnipeg-based Ufology Research. I cannot believe that "ufology" didn't get the red squiggles underneath it as a misspelling. That is a new word for me; the blog never ceases to educate me. Anyway, they reported 1267 sightings of UFO's for last year. This is the second highest number that they have received for a single year. 2012 was the highest number of UFO sighting (1981 sightings) because, of course, that was the year that the Mayan calendar ended which, of course, meant the end of the world (I guess we are now experiencing the afterlife or are in a dream-state). If you are interested in seeing the actual report HERE IS A COPY which breaks down the number of sightings per year and breaks them down by province. It is, actually, a very interesting report. The truth is out there - WAY WAY out there!
Apparently "THERE" is Canada
I just took a break to eat some lunch. We are down to only two corn tortillas. Fortunately, they are pretty easy and quick to make so I will make them on demand; they taste better when they are warm anyway. I found that making them thicker does not make them stronger. In fact, I think the thinner ones are more resilient. Silly me thinking tortilla companies didn't know what they were doing. I guess thicker ones are more like flat breads. Last night I made spaghetti squash for the first time. It is pretty good with a bit of olive oil and some garlic. I also added a bit of cheese to mine. We didn't have any red sauce but I bet that would be really good on top too. It was very easy to prepare and cook contrary to what I had been led to believe.

I think I am going to end now and go cut-up some chicken breasts into cubes and cook them. I am not quite sure how I am going to season them.I imagine that garlic will be involved. Garlic seems to be my go-to seasoning. Some of my other favorites are: cilantro, dill, paprika, sea salt, chives, ground pepper, onion, celery salt, horseradish root... I suppose it depends on what I am making, of course. I will probably grill the breasts since it is nice outside. So many decisions.

Thanks a lot for stopping by; I am so happy that you do. I am going to figure out my seasoning situation and cut the chicken. I think I will blog tomorrow. I have a big interview in the morning and I do not know how long that will take so I cannot be 100% sure if I will or not. I hope you have a great rest of your day and enjoy the weekend if you are going to get the weather that the expert guessers are predicting for the MIDDLEwest. TTT?...MITM (out) TA

No comments:

Post a Comment