Saturday, April 23, 2016

Cockle Warming Blog

I was not sure if I would blog today but I am blogging so now I am sure. Cha Cha and I took our weekly pilgrimage to Woodstock and, though we were going to take a picnic lunch, we did not and we ended-up eating at the place where we have eaten every Saturday for the last couple of months but one week. I will miss going there next week but Puerto Rico will be a good distraction and I think they have food there, right?

When we got home today I vacuumed the patio. It took quite awhile because it is very large (30' X 11') and it is stamped concrete (lots of crevasses); stamped and colored to look like a brown brick road. No need to follow the brown road just the yellow one I guess. If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown don't go down. I would have just swept it or hosed it off but that would have meant having to move everything off of the driveway-sized patio. It took quite awhile but I am happy that I did it because it looks nice for now. We have so many trees in the backyard that will make it need it again soon I am sure.

I know I wrote about it last year around this time but I purchased the MLB At Bat app again yesterday. That is the app that lets you listen to any Major League Baseball team's broadcast. You can listen to the home team's or the visiting team's broadcasts; you can even switch back-and-forth if you wish. If you live in the radio frequency area of your team it does not make sense as you can probably watch the games on television or listen to your local radio broadcast. My favorite team's home ballpark is 278.9 miles away and the broadcasts only would come in on very clear winter nights when there is no baseball (in the winter). The app is only $19.99 for the entire baseball season. I used it a lot last season. Sometimes I will just listen to Brewers' games too to hear Bob Ueker. Can you believe he has been doing Brewers' games for 46 years? I also like to listen to Dodgers' broadcast to listen to Vin Scully (67 years broadcasting their games). I am so sentimental.

I did not buy another bottle of the Cardinals' wine and the Red Birds lost last night. I am not going to buy another bottle to get another win; I realize that one is not connected to the other. My buddy Ed suggested that I buy one of many of the Anheiser Busch products. I considered doing this but Busch does not own the Cardinals any longer (since 1996). I did drink a lot of their products while I was in college (because I won them during trivia contests every Friday) and they owned the Birds and they did win one while I was in school but now there is no connection there and I don't drink beer these days. That was really long, run-on sentence. It was a great idea and a much better suggestion than me buying a bottle of wine for a win. They will win 80% of their games now that I will be listening (even though they lost last night while I was listening - one of the 20%).

It is 18:19 on a Saturday evening and I feel like going to bed. I am not going to do that but I feel like it.

I am pretty excited that Silicon Valley starts the new season tomorrow night; love that show. I wanted to say something introspective about the show so - I AM PRETTY EXCITED THAT SILICON VALLEY STARTS A NEW SEASON TOMORROW NIGHT! Introspective means  "to yell at the top of one's voice," right?

Okay, I am done writing. I probably shouldn't have written anything but it seemed like a good idea when I began. I do want to say that - no MATTer what your political alignments or lack thereof, or your religious or philosophical belief ... Global Warming is a real thing and we can slow that down by being better tenants of the blue ball we are hurling through space upon. Now I am really almost done this time but you can see that my looking below this paragraph.

Happy Bill Shakespeare;s birthday!

Thank you, so very much, for stopping by when you could be doing something productive - I am so happy and it warms my heart and my cockles (sort of the same things though one is the actual heart muscle in our chests and the other are the cores of our beings). I will probably not blog tomorrow but I might surprise us both. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

May you be well,
May you be happy,
May you be peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment