Monday, April 18, 2016

Matther Goose Blog Us a Story!

It is such a fun car - especially with the nicer weather
I went and got the Fiat's oil changed after we got back from Woodstock on Saturday. The last two times I had the oil changed (on the JEEP and Fiat) were at Merlin's and I pretty much discovered that they were suggesting work to be done that was unnecessary. I know I blogged about it but they gave me a list of things that needed to be done. The JEEP was still under warranty so I went to the dealer and they found nothing wrong and did nothing to the vehicle. The next time I went back to Merlin's, after nothing mechanically was done to JEEP, they changed the oil and said nothing about any problems. So, the problems magically took care of themselves. No, the dealer was correct and these guys were trying to bilk money from me that I use to feed my family. I sent an email to Merlin's and the owner of the franchise called me and offered me this and that and I thanked him and declined. I figured he would want to know what was going on in his shop as I would want to know if I were the owner who did not work in the shop. Anyway, I went to Valvoline this time where I had gone many years ago and, as it turns out, there is a discount for law enforcement officers there that I didn't even know about. He noticed my P.D. identification when I got my credit card out to pay and I will take all of my cars there once again. Who says there is not Karma? Of course, they tried to sell me new wiper blades and the like but they were not pushy and I can do that stuff on my own. I used to do the oil changes too but it is such a mess and the disposal is a pain so this is better for everyone and everything involved.

I am at the Dekalb Schoolbook Depository (public library) again. My reasons for coming here today were three-fold. #1 - I wanted to get some books about Puerto Rico travel for our upcoming trip, #2 - I wanted to get some sun on my Casper-white arms before I get closer to the equator and turn into Larry the Lobster and, #3- I am planning on doing a 5K run in my Saturday hometown of Woodstock on April 24th (a Sunday); Cha Cha said she would do it with me; I hope it works-out that way. Since it is at 8AM it should be nice and cool before the sun makes it to it's zenith.
I felt like getting stoned and watching a Stones rock concert!
On my run over here I listened to the Cat Stevens station. On the way back I think I will listen to the Yusuf Islam station. I wonder if there will be any difference? Okay, I just looked to add the Yusuf Islam station and there is not one but there is a station called Yusuf & Cat Stevens Radio so I added that one.

I generally take a different route each time I hit the streets a-runnin' trying to beat the masses (yes, I was wearing inexpensive sunglasses). Today I cut-up the alley between Second and Third Streets. I recommend using alleys whenever you feel safe in doing so because there are a lot of weird things that people hide back there that you don't see from the streets. The road (and alley) less-traveled is better than the well-traveled ones. When I came out of the alley I felt as though I had gone through a time-warp or was sucked into a television and landed in Bedrock. Right before me was Fred and Wilma's couch in a park. It was actually a two-sided couch made of stone and concrete so you could be just as uncomfortable facing either direction. I was tired but I wasn't THAT tired so I took that photo and kept on going.

Last week I bought some Bluetooth wireless earbuds and I love these things. I only have to be within 50 feet of my device and they work great. I have them hooked-up to my phone and use them, mostly for Pandora (the music service not the charm bracelet people).


I started putting dryer lint out by the bird feeders again as we have seen many birds carrying twigs and brush to build nests. 'Tis the season Cha Cha says (not in those words though). So, once again, we will have the best-smelling birds in the MIDDLEwest.

I know I have talked about all the wildlife I pass when I am out-and-about. Today, one of the geese (and her husband - I assume they are married because of the children though I did not see any bling) that I have passed many times was sitting (like many have been doing on eggs of late) and the dude / bodyguard was standing next to her. I always give them lots of space because we all live together and I can move faster than them in situations like this. As I got closer I saw a whole gaggle of goslings beneath her. I suppose this, literally, makes her Mother Goose. I went up the hill to the road a bit and they knew I was no threat. Additionally, with this slight incline I got a bit of a better work-out. I will probably go back the same way but I know where they are so I will have my beak-up. I didn't take a photo of that because geese do not like paparazzi.

Okay, I am going to stop now and check these books out and head back home so I can get the JEEP and go to the store. Cha Cha and I walked to the store the other night but we just got a bag of ice and smaller food items that filled my backpack. Today I have to get twelve-packs of diet root beer and diet ginger ale and a 12-pack of water and a jug of distilled water Cha Cha's protein shakes. Plus, the place I get those, Target, is a long ways away. I have already done 3.96 miles today (more than a 5K) and I will add double more on the way back home (maybe not since I will probably not go the Bedrock route again).  Oh yeah, the Cubs - Cardinals series starts tonight. I will watch it from home alone because I cannot root for my team in public around here without being hassled. I prefer not to be hassled for my beliefs and preferences so I avoid that whenever possible.

Have a great day and enjoy the nice weather (I hope you are having good temps where you are). Thank you for coming by the library with me today and I believe I will blog again tomorrow. TTTT (?)... MITM (out) TA!

Be well!
Be Happy!
Be Peaceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment