Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Happy (and sad) 4/20 Yo!


It is 12:45 and the first pitch just occurred in St. Louis. The Cubs won last night too but I did get to see a rare triple by Yadier Molina. I saw a replay of a play last night and I saw what a class-act Yadi really is. One of the Cubs was coming home and, since there was no play at the plate, Molina reached down with his glove and brushed the bat out of the way of the player who was coming home. And, at this very moment Cardinals' center fielder Randal Grichuck, literally, robbed Cub Anthony Rizzo of a home run by reaching over the wall to catch the ball. That's a pretty good start as far as I am concerned.

I have had a pretty busy morning. I mowed the lawn at about 08:00, I went grocery shopping at three different stores (spreading the wealth), I had a salad for lunch (thanks to three different stores and my "assembly and preparation required), I took a couple of bags of yard waste to the yard recycling area... Maybe I should have done a way with a lot of running around and used the yard waste for the salad - maybe next time? And now a two run Cardinal home run by Matt Holliday. I am going to take credit for that home run by buying a bottle of Club Series St. Louis Cardinals Cabernet Sauvignon. They had Cubs and White Sox bottles too but... you know. If you're interested there is actually a website link printed on the label - mlb.com/wine. As it turns out there is wine for every MLB team. Turns-out that there are bottles with the logos etched into the bottles. I have one with a printed label but I may have to head back to that store and visit the liquor department. I got it at Hy-Vee if you live near me or have a Hy-Vee near you.I am curious what the cork looks like.

Today is 4/20. I am not sure weather to be sad because this is the anniversary of the Columbine, Colorado high school massacre in 1999 or get high because of today being the national "holiday" to get high (from marijuana). Supposedly, that date was decided-upon because of a group of California high school students that used to get together every day at 16:40 (4:20) to get high. Supposedly, the California penal code for marijuana at the time was 420. There is also a theory that there are 420 active chemicals in marijuana.Are these people high?I find it odd that, this morning by coincidence, I was watching Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back that I had recorded several weeks ago when we had the free Starz and Encore weekend we had a few weeks ago. I saw that movie in the theater and I have the DVD and it always cracks me up. I think (and I am not alone) that Kevin Smith is a cinematic genius.

Karma paid-off again as Molina just scored and the Cards are up 3 - 0 (let's stop the sweep). I really hate the stupid replays that they have for close umpire calls now. Like baseball isn't slow enough already now they review calls? I suppose it is so the ballparks can sell more beer and peanuts and Crackerjack and for the television broadcasters to charge for a few more commercials. This will make the "if we ever get back" part of that dumb song become a reality. Now it is 4 - 0. It's only the top of third inning and a lot can/will happen in the next six-and-a-half innings. I love this lucky wine though I have not tasted it yet and probably never will since that is just empty calories. I like the bottles with the hollowed-out bottom like a baseball bat hallowed-out for good balance and weight. They must be taller now because it says it still has 750 milliliters inside.

I think I am going to cut-down on the corn tortillas a bit. I am still losing weight every week but I think the tortillas (carbs) are slowing my loss down a bit. So, for a week I will cut-down the carbs and see what happens. Most aspects of life are just experimentation aren't they? We are all different and we have to find what works and does not work for each of us. If my hunch is correct I will start the tortillas again next week but just cut-down on the amount of shells. I love my homemade corn tortilla shells and I love my tortilla press.

 I hope it is not illegal to place that photo there though I would have lots to blog about 
I heard they have finally made the decision of who will go on the new United States twenty-dollar-bill. Harriet Tubman will become the new face on the double sawbuck replacing Andrew Jackson. Tubman was my choice for the replacement so I am pleased. I still remember how big of a deal it was when Susan B. Anthony was carved into the silver dollars back in 1979. I am sad that this is such a big deal because there should already be women on our currency.

Okay, I am going to quit to enjoy the rest of the ballgame; it is the top of the fifth right now. There is talk about rain and the Cards are winning 4-1... let's make this game an official game before the rain arrives. I hope you have a great rest of your day and night. I thank you, as always, for stopping by. I am sure I will blog tomorrow though the garage does need to be cleaned and this game and blog are preventing that happening today. TTTT (79%)...MITM (out) TA!

Be well,
Be happy,
Be peaceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment