Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Blog and to the Left, Blog and to the Left!

Thank goodness for that!!!!
It is 13:59 and only 39 degrees outside. I am wearing shorts anyway because it is April and in April in the MIDDLEwest we are supposed to be able to wear shorts. Some people probably think that am crazy and a good portion of those people are probably correct. I am not sure why all of them are not correct but I am sure that some of them are. I remember, when I was a yute back in the late 1960's and early 1970's when women would wear skirts all the time and pantyhose were not that widely worn and nobody would be caught dead in legging or yoga pants or anything. Women have always been the tougher of the two sexes but were smart enough to make men believe that they were.

I think one of the reason I wore shorts today is because it was weigh-in day and, since I wore shorts last week, I thought I had better weigh-in wearing the same basic items or it would have appeared as though I gained weight when, in fact, it was those damn pant legs that were weighing me down (or up I suppose). So, because of no pant legs, I lost another 1.8 pounds since last week which makes 35.4 total weight lost since December 29th. Cha Cha is going great too but I will leave that up to her whether she wants to share her particulars or not.

After the meeting we swung through Portillo's drive-through and got chopped salads. I always get mine without bacon, Gorgonzola and tebetti (pasta). I really like cheese and that is a tough one for me. I have never been much of a fan of bacon on salads and I can do with or without the pasta so I do without for fat guy purposes.
back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left
Now that the series/movie 11/22/63 is done I began re-watching JFK (1991); I started this morning while on the bike and the treadmill in the basement (maybe I should try those two pieces of equipment separately huh?). I have seen JFK many times, including in the theater with Cha Cha before Fabio was born) but now I have a John F. Kennedy or Lee Harvey Oswald or some kind of jones going on again and I needed a fix. I always find it entertaining to see the people who are in this movie - Lou Grant, Newman, Carrie, John J. Dunbar, Lou Loomis, Commissioner Gordon, Felix Unger, Oscar Madison, Tommy DeVito, Ty Cobb, Buck Russell (Buck Melanoma Moley Russell's Wart), Jack Swigert, Hawkeye Pierce... (if you get all of those references I am truly impressed by you and I wish to become the president of your fan club please). Anyway, this is a great film (in my humble opinion) and thanks to HULU for having this one available too. When am I going to start charging for all these free product/company plugs I include in my blogs every time? I am such a chump!

Boy, the NCAA championship game last night was awesome. (SPOILER ALERT SENTENCE COMING if you DVR'd it) I wonder how much scratch Michael Jordan lost when his alma matre lost the game. I believe I have heard that he is a bit of a gambler? They showed him in the crowd on the television coverage when the game was almost over and Jordan was elated when his team was doing well. They didn't show him at the end of the game (just a few minutes later) - interestingly. I like Mike and Cha Cha and I still have autographs from him when he was signing at Sportmart when it opened in Aurora (near Fox Valley Mall) - it has been closed many, many years now. He was a rookie and Cha Cha and I were driving by and saw a line so we got in the line like lemmings or lab rats. We were young and thought maybe there were free T-shirts or something? We got to the front and some young kid was sitting there with Chicago Bulls' head coach Doug Collins signing free autographs at a table near the store entrance. We had no idea who he was but, what the heck, he must be famous since all these people were there so we got our free autographed black-and-white 8 X 10 glossy photos of this kid slam dunking a ball with the Wilson Sports logo on the bottom of the picture personalized to each of us (I am not sure if Nike even knew this kid, Michael Jordan, existed yet). So, Mike had his moment with greatness meeting us and we let him write our names and his name on a Wilson promotional item - look what we did for his basketball career. You're welcome zero to hero! who ever thought about getting famous people to sign things. It is kind of stupid really isn't it?
I also have this series of basketballs in a box in the basement too

NO TRANSITION PARAGRAPH HERE...

I saw a report on MSN saying that we should not shower every day. I remember when I was a kid and we visited relatives in California. There was a water crisis at the time (how is that even possible being near the Pacific Ocean?) and we were told that when we went to the bathroom, "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down." That obviously had a large effect on me as I remember that from about 42-45 years ago or so. I will shower whenever I damn-well feel I need to shower (which is most days) unless I find that there is a true water crisis or a legitimate reason for me not to shower. I would rather have dry skin than smell like a dirty sweat sock. Thankfully, this report only lists some of the reasons as: "you'll save time, your products are smarter than you think, your clothes will absorb your sweat, it can dry you out"... those are lame reasons to stink so I will shower when a shower is required - just about every day (sometime two or three times a day depending on the day's activities).

Okay, I am going to get back to watching JFK as this nonsense has gone on long enough for today. For some reason I feel like taking a shower even though I took one just six hours ago. I think I want to take one just because there are only stupid reasons not to take one. Thank you for stopping by today. All of a sudden I have a hankerin' for a banana and I ate the last one this morning (after I weighed-in). I may have to walk to the store again. I could drive but I think my body is used to walking now and it craves it (I walked almost 11 miles yesterday). Okay, I am really gonna stop now. I will probably blog again tomorrow - PROBABLY. TTFN...MITM (out) tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment