Monday, August 17, 2015

Where Did I Leave My Keys - good thing they didn't need keys

 I am holding as fast as I can 
I cannot imagine that anybody would have complained about this blog but, for some reason, someone either does not like the blog, I offended someone, I am infringing on someone's copy-written material or any number of other reasons I was not allowed to link the blog to my Facebook pages yesterday as I have done many, many times. I make no money off the blog as I do not charge anything for it. I just like to write and it makes me smile to know that other people read it and, perhaps, it makes them smile from time-to-time too. I will keep writing and I will figure ways to tell people when the new blogs are ready. I do not mean to offend anyone - quite the opposite, actually. Okay, now on with the blog that people may or may not be able to read.

I cannot believe I am getting such a good WiFi signal in the MIDDLE of the Rhine River. Maybe it is because everybody else, save the Captain and crew, are fast asleep.

Today we are going to visit Heidelberg, Germany. I am going to try to get to the hospital where I was born but I am not completely sure that I will be able to do that. I can, at the very least, try to get to where it is and see it from afar or amiddle in my case. I know I am often a bit draMATTic or melodraMATTic but, I will soon be breathing the air in the same place where I took my first breath. I wanted to be there last night but I am not supposed to open my presents on Christmas Eve so I will have to wait for Sinterklaas to finish his rounds.
 I felt like holiday was over and I was at home. Which of the 400 rooms did I leave my keys in? 
Yesterday, while we were walking around inside of the Wurzburg Residence (most people would call it a castle) I couldn't help but think how fortunate Jill and I are to be together and, for the time being, in good health. It was not long ago at all that we thought she was going to be dead and then I would not be able to remember who she had even been. Thankfully, we were not sick at the same time (one right after the other though) because we both drew off of each others energy and strength and our love. While I was looking at all of the ornate decorations and opulence I thought about that and about many, many of you. Once my thoughts reach your tome zone your ears will probably begin ringing like mission bells. Quite a few of you (maybe all of you) have faced some difficult or tying times over the past several months. I just hope that you know that the hard times make us appreciate the good times and there is always a rainbow at the end of a storm. Sometimes we don't see the rainbow and sometimes we have to look really hard to find it but I assure you that it is there. Hang in there baby!

I have had several ideas about things to write about. Some of these ideas I hope to write as short stories and some I will write about here in the blog. The places that we have visited so far are so inspiring to me. As I research many of the ideas I have I will be better able to decide what is worth pursuing and which are not.

It is 02:42 and I have the alarm set for 06:00 so we can eat before we go ashore. I just needed you to know that, even one-quarter the way around the world, I am still thinking about you. Now to try see if it is any easier to post the blog today. Have a great day - that is what I am going to do (I practice what I preach blog). Thanks for stopping by my fatherland / motherland; I love to have you here with me in heart and soul. TTTT (as long as I can get a WiFi signal)... MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment