Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Statue of Me at the Castle? Have Fun Storming the Castle!

I may have found out why I was not allowed to promote the blog the other day. Today, as I began writing the
 I cannot believe how quickly they had a statue of me commissioned
blog. I received this link...


"European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent. 

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. 

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities."


I am not sure if this is a form of censorship or more of a form of responsibility and responsible journalism. I must admit that I have not read the entire notice because, when I hit the link, it was all in German. It appears that the Germans are just more responsible with the internet than we are in the U S and A..

Yesterday we spent a lot of the day on the town of my birth. Heidelberg is a beautiful city. I don't think I am worthy of being from a town like Heidelberg. I guess I am just like everybody else from here; I always say that we are all pretty much the same so I suppose I have to add myself to that list too.

I think I am not going to drink anymore. I had not had alcohol for quite awhile but, I guess I got the old "when in Rome Germany do as the Romans Germans do" syndrome. Last night I felt like I was back in college. I was pretty drunk (Malibu and beer and champagne - not at the same time) when I staggered back to the Explorer Suite. They a music trivia contest last night and I joined a team as a fifth wheel (Cha Cha was too tired). We called team The BOBs (BOB is an acronym for Back On Board referring to when we are in port in one of the many bergs that we have and are visiting). As you might imagine, The BOBs won the contest beating eight or nine other teams. I was waiting for my voucher for my free trip to anywhere in the world when our prize, a bottle of champagne arrives. Oh no, I have to postpone my new no drinking rule for at least one day - I forgot that we have signed-up for a trip to a vineyard that includes a wine-tasting (of course - we are in Germany you know). 
Probably not a matchstick tycoon afterall

When we were in Heidelberg yesterday we bought some cigars. I also bought a Heidelberg Zippo lighter because he was my favorite of the Marx Brothers or Donald Duck's nephews or something. The guy asked if I wanted fuel in the lighter but said it would be difficult to take on a plane with the fuel in it so he gave me a free box of matches to use while we are here. The cigar I bought is a Cohiba - I figured, since we are probably going to open trade with Cuba again I may as well have another Cohiba before they make then inferior and charge more to the Americans who buy them at Wal-Mart. I didn't look at the matches until much later and they are Holzer Matches. I don't if you read, and or remember, the blog where I learned that my family name, before coming the the U S and A, was Holzer even though I had always been incorrectly told that it was Holzhauer. Thank goodness for the internet with its cookies so I could not think I were related to the low-class Holzhauers instead of the MIDDLE class Holzers who own a stick match company. I cannot believe I may be an heir to a stick match fortune. Now that I think about it - that might just be saying that they are holzer or wooden (in English) matches - and other get-rich-quick hope down the drain.I guess EUROPA is the company name - darn darn darn. I never really thought about it but I may be related to many of the people with the surname Wood that I know and have known?!

It is getting kind of late into the morning (08:30 here now) and we have lots to do today. I will have to wait until tonight to stop drinking I guess (does wine even count as drinking?). Have a great day and thank you for taking the journey with us. Talking to you about it each day reminds me to appreciate this trip and you. Have a great day. Guten tag und danka schon....TTFN...MITM (out) TA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment