Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Proud To Be a Simpleton

What a special day it is today - it is Cha Cha's 29thish birthday. I wonder how old she is using the metric system. We will be able to find out later tonight as we will be living the metric system then. As a gift for her American Airlines is allowing her to hang-out in the Admirals Club at the airport before our flight this afternoon. I also just saw that there is an Admirals Club in Paris as well so we will get to check-out that Admirals Club too if we decide to come back to the U S and A. I just looked at the English to French translation of Admirals Club and it is Admirals Club. How in the heck am I ever supposed to remember that? It is so weird what little things can excite me. I have a feeling, over the next twelve days, it is going to seem like Christmas morning every single day to me. That is why it is so advantageous to be a simpleton. People think that it is a disadvantage to being a simpleton when, in fact, it is an advantage in life. A simpleton can appreciate the simpler things in the world - it's right there in our title. And, less is expected of you. Will Admirals Clubs have little birthday cakes? How un-Admiral Club like will it be to take photos for the An Idiot and a Broad page? It doesn't MATTer - I am a boob and, who doesn't love boobs? I won't use the selfie stick in there though.

The car will pick us up in about five hours. I do not even know if I am packed correctly. I suppose you don't ever really know that you packed incorrectly until you don't have what you need. Since we have been packing on-and-off for about a month I really hope we have thought of most things. If not, we can write it off to being stupid Americans. It's not like we cannot buy whatever we need in the stores throughout the world but who wants metric socks and trousers (that is European word for pants or britches). Actually, the clothes will be a bit less expensive there as I believe the exchange rate (Euro to Dollar) is like $1.11 to $1.00 right now so it's like getting 11% off of everything we buy. We probably shouldn't have packed anything; we should have just waiting and bought out outfits each day as needed. But they may not have the excess like we do so maybe he prices would be higher because they don't have to have sales on all of their surpluses of everything. I don't believe they are as much throw-away societies as we are so there are not as many "sales." I am just guessing on that last part; I will know better tomorrow.

As a going-away gift the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Pittsburgh Pirates last night. I wonder if I will be the only person in Europe listening to the Cardinals' games on his phone.

I want to blog but I am so distracted with thoughts of something else (that which I will not mention because I have mentioned it in just about every paragraph that I have written for the last several weeks). I will look at the news.

Hey, Melissa Gilbert is looking at running for Congress. I am guilty of being a big fan of Little House on the Prairie so this caught my attention. I never watched it when it was in first-run back in the 70's but I began watching it in the late 1990's - early 2000's. It drives Jill crazy that I like that show for some reason. Anyway, Gilbert played Laura Ingalls Wilder in Little House. I just found out that she is married to Timothy Busfield. He was an okay actor too. She is running as a Democrat in her district that has been pretty-much been Republican for as long as anybody can remember. Hey, Melissa Gilbert is 51 (that's exactly how old Jill is as of today). For the next month and two days Cha Cha and Half Pint and I are the same ages. Anyway, after my digression, She was the President of the Screen Actor's Guild so that is kind of like Congress in Michigan. One thing that may hurt her is that she has an IRS lien against her because they say she owes $360,000 in back taxes. Yep, it sounds like she is ready for politics - she'll fit right in.

I just had to run over and add a new Pandora station before I would forget. I had to add a Randy Newman station; he is a fun musician. While I was adding it John Fogerty came on (John Fogerty station) with "Centerfield;" man, I love that song. Jill loves, loves, loves John Fogerty. When we were at a dinner party a couple of weeks ago Jill left the room and a couple of people started talking about Fogerty. One guy knew his brother and his daughter ended-up meeting Fogerty and another guy recorded his drummer just a few weeks before. When Jill came back I told her what she had missed and they all had to retell their stories. Why can't we have DVR-like things for our lives? I guess we could just video huh?
 Prague is on my TODO list for today 

Jill just posted a photo of Prague on her Facebook page (see, how excited I am? I cannot go more that two paragraphs without wandering back to this topic). Prague is one of the few cities that wasn't destroyed by World War II bombings so it looks beautiful and very old. It is a good way to kick off or trip (after London - Heathrow more precisely).

I should end now. I have to put the finishing touches on my packing. I will try to blog over the next two weeks but I am not completely sure how the connectivity will be. It sounds like it will work well but what are they gonna tell us that is stinks? I will also try to put photos on the An Idiot and A Broad Facebook page each day. Do not worry of you don't hear from us for a day or two because we are gonna suck everything we can out of this trip and, when we return, we will probably sleep for two days straight. Have a great day and thank you for coming by as much as you do. It makes me so happy to know that you stop-in so often. I hope you have a great day and nigh and, depending on what time zone I am in, I will blog tomorrow somewhere. TTTT (someplace in the world) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment