Thursday, August 6, 2015

All I Need is this Thermos and this Blog!

I turned Pandora on my phone this morning to blog to some music. I went to the Jimmy Buffett station because it looks like a Buffett day outside and this song was the first thing that came on. I used to play that song at the beginning of the blog quite often. Incidentally, my favorite Pandora station (if they are called stations) is Fun Radio. I love the band Fun and the this station seems to play many, many bands and songs I like. I have also found many other artists, through this station (a year or so ago), that I like: Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine... I can never speak highly-enough about Pandora. It's free if you want to listen to the occasional commercial and that is how I began but now I pay $2.99 a month to get it commercial-free. Pretty much every genre or any song can be found on Pandora. As much as I plug them for free you'd think they would comp me that $2.99 a month.

Cha Cha says she is going to sleep the eight hours from O'Hare to Heathrow in six days (who is counting?). I cannot even sleep for more than four hours in the comfort of my own home and you want me to try to sleep for an eight-hour flight? I will not miss an in-flight meal and possibly a movie or two or three. I LOVE flying. I love everything about it. I love the take-off, the landing, the being in the wild blue yonder. I have a wandering heart and when I am wanderin' my heart is happy. I can probably even blog while I am in the air. I am not sure, but, I don't think I have blogged from a plane before.

Over the last couple of days I watched Dances With Wolves on HBO GO. I watched that movie alone in the theater when it first came out and think it has been my favorite film since that day. The reason I said "over the last couple of days" is because I would watch it while I took a break from mowing or edging the lawn or killing weeds or eating lunch... John J. Dunbar (Kevin Costner) was a blogger when they called it a diary or a journal. I have several journals around too; I have written as a hobby pretty much my entire life. Dances With Wolves still makes me tear-up about twelve or thirteen times throughout the movie and I have probably seen it about 20 times. I may say that it is my favorite film of all time. I need to make that top ten list one of these days - maybe while Cha Cha is sleeping over then Atlantic Ocean? If you have never seen this movie I have the DVD if you want to borrow it. I think DVD's are like books - you should share them with your friends.

I have officially started writing my short story; it is beginning as a short story, at least. Who knows maybe it will be a novel before I am done? You know how long-winded I can be sometimes. I am not sure where the story is going but I do know where it began. Knowing me, as I do, it will have a lot of twists and turns and many surprises because that is what I like in stories. I can't wait to read it when it's done. I am actually thinking of self-publishing it if I think it turns-out well. I have never looked into self-publishing and maybe that is costly but I won't put that cart into the mix until I am almost done rearing the horse.

I just received an email that DirecTv, which we have and love, is now "part of the AT&T family." Is that "family" deal an off-shoot of the phrase "parent company?" Is it supposed to make me believe that they love me and care about me like my family does? Am I supposed to love them like I love my family and friends?  We chose DirecTv for many reason and now you just get married to a new dad and we have no say in the MATTer? I imagine nothing will change immediately but, eventually, the rates will probably begin to creep-up and the service will change. I will go into this new family with an open-mind and heart but I will be watching closely Mommy Dearest!

I have another dentist appointment today. I must have good dental insurance (Delta Dental) because they are really trying to get me there a lot. This is to finish the cleaning that they began last week. I brush every day (about five times a day) but nothing is good enough for these people. They keep trying to talk me into this and that but this is it for me. I am done for another seven or eight years after this. Whatever doesn't get done today isn't going to get done. Perhaps the dentist is planning on taking a hunting trip to Zimbabwe and, as it appears to me, these trips can be costly.When I get home I am going to begin packing for Europe.
 This should make packing easier! 

I hope you have a great day while I am busy opening "wider...wider still..." I really hate the dentist; I am not dreading the day when I can just take my teeth out of a glass on the sink and pop them in though I do enjoy corn-on-the-cob occasionally. There are pros and cons to everything in life aren't there? Now I have packing stuck in my mind. Maybe that is the problem with my brain - it's just over-heating from all of the U-turns and clover leafs and long stretches without a fill-up? Okay, I had really better stop before I get off on another tangent and being a new paragraph. Thank you for stopping by - I know I say it often but, I do really like that you stop in so often. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment