Friday, August 28, 2015

This Blog Really Has Gaul!

     Maybe it's time for action!     
It is 03:37 and I am awake. I felt like I slept fairly well but I do not feel rested. I had another dream that I remember so I think I may be headed (no pun intended) in the right direction. I think I may base a short story on last night's dream. I know that is kind of a rip-off because that means I am not going to tell you about the dream - sorry.

I need to go through my dozens and dozens of various-sized notebooks and compile and condense and combine and collaborate and check and correct and coordinate and whatever word fits into my alliteration scheme of the stories I need to write. Maybe, by the time I am done with my encyclopedic-sized notes, I will have an entire book of short stories? Does that count as a novel then or is it just a book of short stories? I think a novel is something that tells one story. Maybe, by the time I am done compiling, I will be able to intertwine all of the short stories into one story. It would be really odd that, when I go through reading all the notes/ideas, they were actually intertwined somehow and I was subconsciously working toward one story all along. Maybe that would even be the story? Man, I think weird stuff when I am sick and cannot sleep.
 Cha Cha couldn't believe how small it was (TWSS)  
When I write I usually have something going in the background like: the television, a radio, Pandora... It is usually just white noise because I hear everything and if I hear something outside or something unusual I will become very distracted. Maybe I have a mild case of ADD or something. That would explain a lot, actually. It's convenient for me to believe that I have that - newly self-diagnosed affliction. Anyway, I am watching the Sundance channel. I was watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and now a movie called Before Sunset is on. It caught my attention as it is about a novelist who meets a girl in Paris and I like Ethan Hawke well enough so I kept it on. So, the movie starts and the novelist (Hawke) is promoting his book at one of the places we visited last week (it was one of the first places on my list of places to visit, in fact) - Shakespeare and Company. It is such a small place and I have a difficult time believing that some of these scenes are actually shot inside the store. Maybe I am cosmically connected to this place now. Maybe I will have to promote my book of short stories that turns into a novel there too?!

I really wish I had gotten to see somebody's underpants in public on our trip. I have always wanted to be able to say, "I see London, I see France, I see somebody's underpants" and mean it. Why do English people in only London show their bloomers but ALL OF FRANCE, apparently, show their undies? I guess France has always had a bit of a liberal undergarment comfortability (yes, that is probably a made-up word but maybe not). Who knows, I may have already blogged the London and France bloomer joke too?

This Ethan Hawke movie is really boring so far. I like chick flix but I need an occasional shooting or a prat-fall or a pie in a face or something. It's only 30 minutes in so, there is still hope.

I learned so much on our trip. After my jet lag is done maybe I will go back one day. I learned that Trier, Germany (a very cool place, of course) used to be known as Gaul during the Iron Age in like the single digits and B.C. years. Julius Caesar was in charge of it for quite some time. As I look into it, Gaul was actually very large (including parts of present day: France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany...). The only time I think I have ever heard about Gaul (Gallia), before the trip, was in one of my favorite films of all-time (Gladiator) when Maximus Decimus Meridius fights Tigris of Gaul. If you have seen the film that is the the scene with the worst CGI in the movie when the tigers are chained-up near the gladiators swiping at them as they fight. Maximus the Merciful decided not to kill Tigris and that pissed-off Johnny Cash  Leaf  Commodus.

Okay, I am getting to the point where I am just blabbing and not blogging. Thank you for stopping in. I hope you have a great day! I want to send special blog vibes to my friend Delores "Ma" Meyer as she is having double heart-bypass surgery and getting a pacemaker installed (if that is the correct term). She is one of the very, very good ones. Please help me pay-it-forward for Ma! I know, for a fact, she would do it for you! TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment