Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Fridge, War & Discouragement - Sweet!

Our New Fridge / Home Security System
I am just hanging out waiting for the new refrigerator to be delivered. They said between 07:00 and noon and
 it is 09:39 now so I am just past half-time in the waiting game. I got all of the stuff transferred to the garage fridge and I unplugged the defunct one and pulled it out. It is amazing how gross it gets under your refrigerator after nine years. So, I cleaned that mess up too. The fridge was originally supposed to have been delivered yesterday but I had to reschedule so I could accompany Cha Cha to Chicago to see her off at the airport and return to pick her up at the airport eight hours later.

I am either getting sick or fighting for the right not to be sick but my body is sore and my nose is stuffed-up and I am pretty much wiped-out. I do not have a headache which is nice. I hate having headaches. Do you think I am alone in that hatred? I am starting to get a headache just wondering if other people dislike headaches. Sneaky - the mind creating it's own headaches so it has something to do.

We have not recorded this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast yet. It has been a little busy the last couple of days. I am not sure when we will get it done but it will be within the next day or two. I have a bunch of stuff to talk about but I am rarely at a loss for things to talk about on the podcast. It sort of just snowballs.

I cannot believe that we are sending nuclear-capable stealth bombers to North Korea. I sure hope that Dennis Rodman gets this all straightened out before we head toward nuclear war with a country with short-country complex. Maybe Kim Jong Un felt like he was being taunted when the Harlem Globetrotters and former NBA players (with Dennis Rodman) went over there. They were rubbing Kim Jong Un's nose in his minuscule stature. It seems apparent that eventually we will have another third world war; we just cannot all get along on this planet. We cannot even all get along in this country or in this city or sometimes within our own homes. I never thought I would be alive during a world-wide conflict. What would I do if we had world war? I am too old to fight. Plus that missing big toe deal makes me 4F. Would I have to be a George Bailey and collect rubber and do can drives and sell war bonds? Would I be part of the militia to protect my town and sound the air-raid sirens now and then? I am seriously wondering now what would happen were we to go to war. Fabio is only 16 but in two years, because we know world wars always last for years and years, he'd have to go and fight. And Splenda is already 21 and they are talking about women having to begin registering for the Selective Service (draft). Come on Rodman get this under control already - DO YOUR JOB! Maybe the North Koreans think we are all like Dennis and that's why they decided to elevate this conflict. Boy, are they in for a surprise.
The ugly truth of fridge death camps
The refrigerator is here and I helped the guy bring it in and I washed the new one out and plugged it in after the recommended 20 minutes so the thing could settle from whatever kind of jet lag a refrigerator gets during travel. By the time I had it wiped out and all of the stuff transferred from the garage fridge to its new home it was ready to turn on. I like the new one better. I can safely say that now that the old one was strapped down and taken away in a dark trailer wherever old refrigerators go when they retire. I am better off not knowing this because I am a bleeding-heart and would probably go there and try to liberate all of them. I just have to tell myself that our old Samsung will meet some new friends. I hope there isn't a language barrier between our Japanese refrigerator and some of those Amish -speaking Amanas. I tipped the guy ten bucks but after he left I thought, "hey, I did at least half of the work hauling it in and then I had to clean out the new one and take off all of the blue tape and the plastic film and stock the new one and all he had to do was haul the old one away which he will probably get some cash for at the recycling place." Maybe he should have tipped me too? Karma will pay me back one of these days.

When I was in Chicago yesterday killing time I went to the Art Museum. I touched on it in yesterday's quick blog but I didn't talk about some of the things I did like. I will probably repeat myself if we ever record the podcast but I did like all of the suits of armor, I liked a few of the pieces in the Americana section of the museum and there were a few others here and there but for the most part I think I may be a dogs playing poker kind of art appreciator. I wish I had decided to walk to the Field Museum instead. I like dinosaurs and shrunken heads. I have always loved the Field Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry. I have never been to The Museum of Broadcast History which I have always found ironic given my education and hobbies. There were A LOT of interesting people at the Art Museum though. People are always fun to watch and listen to. I am sure the same has been said about people watching me.

Remember I told you that I gave Cha Cha my earbuds when I dropped her off at the airport yesterday? The earbuds would have made my day much more enjoyable but I am a giver. When I picked her up at the airport she told me how she didn't even use them even though she asked me to borrow them. So, when we got home she took a nap because of all of her jet-setting and I went into her purse to get my earbuds back. As I was fishing around her cavernous purse I came upon my earbuds in a side pocket. "Earbuds (8-ball) in the side pocket." Guess what I found under my earbuds in her purse? Guess! I found her earbuds right under my earbuds. She had two pair of earbuds and did not use either of them while I was left budless! Should that have been pairs of earbuds since one set of earbuds is considered a pair? I think it should have been pairs of earbuds not pair of earbuds.

I have to get some laundry done as well as many other household chores from being out of commission in the big city for a couple of days. Also today is my Monday so I have to get my work face on. I will most likely blog again tomorrow and I will let you know when the new podcast is ready to go. For some reason a feeling of discouragement just came over me like a black fog. That was weird. It was just a feeling that seemed to cover me like a black cloud. I think it is gone and was only here for a moment but maybe it is still here and my body just took it on or there is a battle going on without my being aware of it? Time will tell. If
there is evil afoot it will make for better blogging and podcasting in the nest few days. Wish me luck!

Well, that winds up today's Pass the Biscuits Pappy O'Daniel Flour Hour. I thank you for stopping by and I wish you a nice rest of your day and night. The weather seems to be headed the right way in the MIDDLEwest so let's hope she stays on course. TTTT...MITM (out!) TA

No comments:

Post a Comment