Friday, March 22, 2013

Maybe You Need a Refresher Blog!

It's the Fetzer Valve alright!
Who did college basketball horn-swaggle everybody into thinking that the NCAA Tournament is such a big deal. They pretty much take-over television by either having their games on every channel or by making all of the channels that are not showing games show re-runs. One thing I have always admired about shows like Survivor is that they don't buckle to this pressure. They continue to show their show and people seem to continue to watch it. Why was the DVR invented if not for times like these?

The refrigerator repair guy was just here and it is a condenser and possibly some of the other related components. It would cost at least $600-$700 to get the thing fixed. We may as well go and get a new refrigerator at this point. It was time to clean this one out anyway so I don't have to worry about that crappy chore. Our refrigerator needs have changed in the last seven years so now we can get one that fits out new refrigerator lifestyles. He was here for about ten minutes and it cost $40. He only charged me for "half of a service call." One other nice thing is that now I can go back to sleep once I wash the dishes (or put the ones in the dishwasher away and swap the dirty ones for their friends in the sauna). I was hoping it was gonna be just a Fetzer Valve or the ball bearings. What happened to "it's all ball bearings these days?" Maybe this guy needs a refresher course.

The refrigerator repairman looked very familiar
Last night I came face-to-faces with three deer. I walked out of a building at about 23:15 and there were three deer frozen like statues staring at me. There were no antlers or horns or a rack or whatever people who know what those things are called call them. I took my flashlight and shined it on them and then waved it  so the light went to my left find of like one of those dudes with those orange-nippled lights do when you are taxiing on a runway. The dear actually slowly went toward where I waved them to go. I slowly walked the other direction (to my right) and there was a mutual understanding. I am The Deer Whisperer. or maybe The Deer Flashlighterer. They were beautiful. I am thankful they weren't coyotes or wolves or something because I don't think I am quite at that skill-level of flashlighting. I would have been The Coyote Dinnerer instead of the whisperer I fear. Maybe not. I don't really have fear of animals and I mean them no harm; I love all animals and wouldn't kill any of them unless it were me or them I suppose. I hope I never have to make that decision. (Hey spell-check I realize: flashlighterer, flashlighting and dinnerer are not words so quit yelling at me with the red squiggles. Blogging gives me poetic license to make things up so get off my case!)

The best part of the refrigerator dude being gone is that now I am comfortably home alone and back in my boxers. Sorry for the painful mental picture but that blog will get better now that I am more comfortable. Maybe we should start blogging in our jammies? I wonder if guests would come over in their jammies to be on the show? Oh yeah, the new Dirty Laundry Podcast is up. I don't know how we keep stumbling into great music but we have another great song that you will not hear anywhere else; at least not yet. We also have one of the funniest commercials that I have ever heard. My opinion of funny isn't always the same as other people's. I know if my mom listened to the podcast after she heard this commercial she'd say "MATTHEW!" But mom, it's a real commercial. We may have something really exciting to announce soon; our Art Director is working on something very exciting. It may take awhile or nothing may come of it but I am excited.
I DVR'd the film Manhunter (1986) and am watching it while I blog. I have seen it a couple of times before but it has been awhile. It is really weird seeing somebody else portraying Hannibal Lecter. Anthony Hopkins was amazing as Lecter; easily one of the top-ten movie character portrayals of all time. Brian Cox is okay as Lecter and actually he is the original Lecter since Silence of the Lambs didn't come out for another five years. There is quite a resemblance between Cox's and Hopkins' portrayal of the madman. As I watch this again I am fairly certain that I watched this in the theater too. I think  Red Dragon (2002) was pretty much a remake of this movie. I love Edward Norton and Ralph Fiennes so I am pretty okay with that though it was not really necessary.

I am gonna lie down before I have to make a tennis practice pick-up. Have a great rest of your day and night. Depending on what kind of stress I have to work out I may blog sometime over the weekend between working and buying  new fridge. Thank you, as always, for hitching yourself up here for a spell.  Dr. Chilton is a little better in Silence of the Lambs too by the by. TTTWIBA (whenever I blog again)...MITM (chillin' in his skivvies) OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment