Saturday, March 23, 2013

Power Ball-less Wonder!

The Bates Home
Happened in on the start of Bates Motel. It is a replay of the premier episode. I immediately recognized the kid that plays Norman Bates. I could tell by his mouth who the actor is. I knew right away that he is the kid that played Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the Chocolate. You know, the one with Johnny Depp. I IMDb'd it and I was correct. I have always been good at recognizing people like this. I think I may have missed my calling as a police profiler or maybe a sketch artist. I cannot draw well so maybe the sketch artist part would not have been a good idea. I have a very analytically mind and I am nosy so a profiler would have been good. The mom (Mrs. Bates) is from the movie The Departed in case you're keeping score at home (she played the shrink). I bet she winds-up dead at some point. I just found out that Norman Bates' mom's name is Norma Bates (weird). I had no interest in watching this show but now I am hooked and the season pass is set up on the DVR. It's pretty good. I remember as a kid going to Universal Studios Hollywood and seeing the Bates' house up on the hill. It was near the parting of the Red Sea and just next to the foam boulders roaring down the hill at our tram. That was a fun trip.

Fabio and I just got back from playing tennis. We just hit the ball for a while and then we played one set. He won the set 7 games to 6. I had a great time on this nice Spring day. It was in the mid-40's unlike me who is slightly past that mid-way point. It's funny how mid-40's feels warm today but in June if that is what we get we are freezing. I have a few aches but nothing major. There is one muscle above my left ankle, on the outside of the leg, that aches a bit and I bet my back will hurt some tomorrow morning. Other than that it's all good.
Reg announcing the bounty on Tim McCracken
Between games we would gather the balls and I felt like Paul Crewe. The Burt Reynolds Paul Crewe not the Adam Sandler Paul Crewe. Though Reynolds was Nate Scarborough when Sandler was Crewe which even confuses me more. At the end of The Longest Yard, I am sure this will not be a spoiler for a movie from 1974, when he goes to pick up the game ball I had that scene running through my head. I always have film scenes in my noodle. When I am about five hours from going to work and I haven't slept much and I want to get a few hours or minutes of sleep I always feel like Reg Dunlop right after he puts the bounty on Tim "Dr. Hook" McCracken's head - "he's the coach and chief punk on that Syracuse team." I seriously think that every time I lie there trying to force myself to sleep.

I just intended to sit here for a few minutes and write a few lines for the blog I would write tomorrow so I wouldn't forget some of these thoughts and now it is almost an entire blog so I may as well keep going to make it a complete blog before I go try to Reg Dunlop it for a bit. I am almost past the point where it would be helpful to try to sleep though. WWRDD? He would sleep even if it were for a few moments I think.

I just heard of what is probably the most boring lunch ever. The new Pope and the last Pope had lunch together today. I cannot imagine the boring conversation that goes on at this lunch. I also just found out that nobody won the Powerball this past week and the drawing is again tonight. It starts at $320,000,000. Maybe I should head over to the store and plop down some cash so it can be worth more for whoever wins it. I am going to go to the store real quick and get a couple of Powerball tickets and pickup a few groceries and then come back and get some shut-eye (maybe 20 winks). I may or may not blog again tomorwo but I suppose that is always the case isn't it? Have a great rest of your weekend and thank you for settin' a spell. TTTT or M...MITM (soon to be rich and able to play someone to sleep for me) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment