Thursday, March 7, 2013

I MUST BLOG YOU!

"Ice.... you vill loose!"
You know it is a slow day in the news when MSN is doing a story on shoes in movies and the two that they put on their preview page are Olivia Newton John in Grease (1978) and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman (1990). I guess shoes were a lot bigger deal 20+ years ago than they are now. It makes me think that 1990 was a real long time ago.

I just went out and cleaned out the end of the driveway where the plows decided to deposit all of the snow from our sac (cul-de-sac). I say snow but it was actually 8" of solid ice. I had to use the metal flat shovel and bust it up before I moved it. I still have more to do but the alarm on my iPod told me it was time to get Fabio up for school. If you want some good snow shoveling music I have to recommend AC/DC. I finished with one of my favorites of their songs that you don't hear about much - Let There Be Rock! I was actually kind of disappointed that the alarm went off because I was getting a little early morning cardio (ala Rocky IV). I was going totally Ivan Drago on the ice's butt! (Incidentally, I realize the photo caption should say "ice...you will lose" but then the Russian accent is lost that way. Please, no hate mail about how I don't know English while trying to make it sound Russian.)

Last night we recorded Dirty Laundry Podcast. I have not edited it yet but I will do that this morning. Of course, I will post on my Facebook page and on the Dirty Laundry Podcast Facebook page when the show is up free on iTunes (and available to listen to on-line). We begin a new feature this week called Treadmill Theater. It is produced by Preston Ulysses Sherwood. Also, of course, we have Cha Cha's Whining and Unsubstantiated News too.

Sunday we lose an hour. "Spring ahead!" I still, as I have mentioned every time daylight savings time has begun and ended since 1979, that this is ridiculous. Farmers don't need the extra light anymore so why do we still do this? Arizona is smart because they do not do it (except for the Navajo Nation in Arizona who do honor it). Hawaii does not observe daylight savings time. Neither do: Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands and North Mariana Islands. I thought most of Indiana didn't too but I am not sure about that one. I thought it was onle the area close to Illinois because a lot of those people commuted to the Chicago-area for work and can you imagine that headache? Trying to figure out what time it was 24 hours a day? I just read and found out that Indiana joined the lunacy in 2006. I am not up on my DST as much as I thought. I get off work early that night but I guess I get paid an hour less. I am still ahead because when the clocks went back an hour I got 1 1/2 hours OT so I am still 1/2 OT ahead and I get to come home an hour early. SWEET!

137 years ago today Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. This is also women's history month. I like women more than I like the telephone.

Just made Fabio's lunch. It would be so much simpler if he ate the hot lunch but he says that the line s really long and by the time he gets his food there isn't much time to eat. I guess this is better anyway because I know he is at least getting some healthy food this way. Whether he eats it or not I do not know but I do know he is getting it. He has money on his lunch account so be may be eating some junk too but he is active and I guess a little junk is okay. He got his tennis uniform yesterday. I figured it was just a polo shirt and shorts but I forgot about the sweats and stuff. He also has a uniform number - he is #19 (who knew they had numbers in tennis?). Today are team photos - he probably won't smile because sports are serious business.

I'll be back in a few minutes. If you never read this I didn't make it. But then you never would have read this to know that there was a chance that I didn't make it because you didn't know I was here in the first place. If I don't make it and someone finds this please hit the orange "publish" tab up on top of this page and this will be a blog from the other side. I will actually have published last words. How cool would that be? Now, if I did not make it and you are reading this I did not die on purpose so this would be cool it was just a coincidence or maybe a premonition. Booooooooo (just in case).

I am back. No collectors item for you and no great death story for my funeral - THIS TIME!

I probably could have ended the blog before I left now that I look at my length (there I go bragging again). While I was out I got the car washed. I have to get down to the studio and get the podcast edited. I am also doing the real laundry so if you have anything that needs to be washed drop it off; I should have it back to you by Saturday. I guess I need to get to the high school sometime today and drop a $100 check off for tennis. I should probably go to work sometime today too huh?  Have a super day. Get a little extra done within the next couple of days because we're gonna lose an hour. Thank you for stopping by; I always am happy that you did. Have a great day and I let you know when the show is done. TTTT...MITM (juggling chores) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment