Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Blog of Excuses!

I haven't blogged in almost a week. I don't know if I didn't have time or I wasn't inspired or what but here I am again. It was actually a little of both - lack of inspiration and little time. Additionally, we did not record the Dirty Laundry Podcast last night either. We will record it later today but I am stuck on "a bit" that I am working on so for some reason I am in a creative block cycle right now. I am blogging anyway in hopes that maybe by blogging blandly I will get rid of the bad juju and open the creativity pores once again. Also, I have been feeling kind of sick ever since getting back from our weekend in St. Louis. Additionally: I ran out of creative gas, my mind had a flat tire, I didn't have enough inspirational cab fare, my laptop didn't come back from the cleaners, an old friend came in from out of town, someone stole my notes, there was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts, IT WASN'T MY FAULT I SWEAR TO BLOG!!!!!!!

I am watching my DVR'd Curb Your Enthusiasm and they just has a commercial (I saw it as fast forwarding through it) for the Dairy Queen Blizzard. Was that well planned or just coincidence since we are just now cleaning up from the worst snow we have had this year so far in the MIDDLEwest. I think it was probably just a coincidence. Who thinks about DQ this time of year?

I just got back from the store. I love going to the store in the MIDDLE of the night. There are few people there (even less today with the storm still being new to most) and you can get in and get out. I always love a little of the old in-out-in-out. I also like driving in the snow. Why have a 4Runner in the MIDDLE of the country if you don't get to 4-wheel every now and again? It's great for the boat and for the snow. It would also be great for mud and sand but seldom do I run into those around these here parts. With the storm yesterday and last night I have a sneaking suspicion that my co-workers (the ones who aren't unlucky enough to get Tuesday and Wednesday as their weekends) had yesterday off. If that is the case and they got off with pay do I get an extra vacation day or is it just another F-U that comes with having Tuesday and Wednesday as my weekend? I have a couple of people beneath me in seniority now and it is my hope that eventually I will get a better weekend. It's been a year of this crappy weekend and I am tired of being Humpday Helser (patent/trademark/copyright pending - though who else would want that?). Maybe it's more like Humpweekend Helser? I am so insulted that my own blog has to put the red squiggly under my last name. I know I can now add it to the known words but I am already insulted that I have to. (with that I ended a sentence with a preposition in protest).

Fabio is now on the high school tennis team. He walks around the house during all of his waking hours with his racket and a tennis ball. He bounces it constantly. Between his legs, behind his back... I am happy he is excited. I hope this enthusiasm carries throughout the season when it begins. He has never played tennis before but he is very athletic. He has been a baseball player, a football player for a short time and a basketball player and now a tennis player. He is tall and thin so I think he will do well. He has great reflexes and is fast and quick so he'll do well. He was a really good pitcher in baseball but he did not like the responsibility of being the key player in the game. Maybe a more individual sport will interest him even more. More on this later I am sure.
Fabio & Bo know multi-sports!

I just found out that everybody did work yesterday; the duties just changed because of the weather. Drat!

I have to get a few things done so I will end here. We will do the podcast today/tonight no MATTer what. I may just have to cancel the thing I was working on until next week. The show will be good and we will not air anything that does not live up to our lowered expectations for the show. Thanks for being here. I will blog again tomorrow. Have a great day and enjoy the snow if you're in such a climate. If not, enjoy whatever you have where you are. TTTT...MITM (off, slightly) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment