Thursday, February 28, 2013

Who Wants to Join Fantasy Pope League?

I don't really have much to blog about but that has never stopped me before. I wrote TTTT (Ta Ta Til Tomorrow) yesterday and today is T so I have to blog. I edited and uploaded Dirty Laundry Podcast today, I cleaned the kitchen, made Fabio's lunch for school, drove him to school, I am on my third load of laundry and I have to go to work in a few hours. I feel like I am working on a cold. We were in St. Louis over the weekend and Splenda was really sick and then Fabio was home yesterday with a fever and I have been really run-down and stuffed-up all complimented with a headache. I hope I don't get too sick because I go to work sick. I don't know why I work sick but I know how it is when someone else calls in sick and I am too empathetic. I have always worried about others more than myself (more time than not).

Our town has been very excited that we are getting an Olive Garden. I know that doesn't sound exciting to some of you city slickers but us MIDDLE-of-the-cornfielders we get excited over stupid stuff. Unlimited soup and salad with bread-sticks for $6.25? That's pretty exciting. If you live in my neck of the cornfield this is where you may want to sit down - Olive Garden just announced that they have backed-out of coming to our nape of the neck. They were going to open 36 new restaurants in 2013 and now are only going to open 15 and we apparently did not make the top 15. Oh well, we still have our 75 pizza places. One thing about living in a college town is there is never want for pizza.
Looks More Like Captain Ironmerica

Iron Man 3 is starting promos. I guess it's coming out pretty soon. I didn't even know they were making an Iron Man 3. I have loved the Iron Man movies but I will probably wait for two weeks after it opens and then get in at a Red Box on DVD. Nah, I will probably see it at the theater too. Most likely in I-MAX.

I guess the Pope is done. That really does not impact me in anyway. Even though the Pope announced he was leaving nearly a month ago I bet it takes the Cardinals about a month to decide on his replacement. I bet there is betting going on about the Pope in Las Vegas. I just checked and yes, there is. The odds-on favorite is Marc Cardinal Ouellet of Canada. He is going off at 7:2 from a couple of sports books and at 3:1 at many others. Peter Turkson of Ghana is at 4:1. Archbishop Anthony Scola (Milan) is at 5:1. The best odds for an American becoming Pope is Timothy Dolan from New York who is anywhere from 33:1 to 40:1. I think I may start a Fantasy Pope League.

I just saw on MSN a list of America's top ten miserable cities and three of them are in Illinois. Number three is Rockford, Illinois (about 35 minutes away from us to the NW). Number four is Chicago, Illinois (about 60 minutes to our East) and number nine is Lake Country, Illinois (about 60 minutes to our NE). So we are surrounded by three of the most miserable places to live in the country - no wonder Olive Garden doesn't want to come here. I don't know why they do lists like these. What good comes from these types of things?

I am done for today. Judge Judy is demanding all of my attention. Thanks for stopping-in. I hope you have a great night. I would but I have other plans. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out to call my bookie to drop a double saw buck on Scola - listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast to find out why I think an Italian is gonna be Pope; a sign from a divine power seems to point to Italy ). Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment