Wednesday, February 20, 2013

No News Really IS Good News

Well, load number 100 of Dirty Laundry Podcast is finally in the can. I just got out of the studio. I had been in there for about eight hours total. It doesn't seem like I am in there that long until I am done. I really enjoy doing the show and the editing or I wouldn't do it. The same for the blog that turns 801 today but doesn't take nearly as long to produce. I think I am gonna take a nap when I am done writing this since I am off today and I am pretty tired (good reasons, huh?). My left eye has been twitching a lot lately and I am not sure if I am tired (always) or I have eye strain or I am gonna have a stroke or something. No MATTer which - I am ready.

I am heading to St. Louis in a few days and I am excited. I really like St. Louis even though I recently learned that it is currently the number one violent city in America. It is usually third behind Flint and Detroit, Michigan but it is number one right now. I wish it were baseball season so we could catch a Cardinals' game but maybe The Blues will be in town. I haven't been up in The Arch for awhile so maybe I'll have to check that out again. Weird, we played a blues song on the podcast this week. The St. Louis Blues are named after the music genre in case you didn't know. They were originally the Memphis Blues but they moved. Blues in St. Louis still makes sense though not quite as much.

So, are The Academy Awards the next "we love ourselves fest?" I think the last one was the NBA All-star game. Pretty soon spring will be here and people will worry about doing their jobs rather than reminding us how great they are for doing jobs most of us would lobe to be able to do. It sure doesn't feel like spring will be here soon since we have been having the worst part of winter so far. They have always said that February is the coldest month of the year in the MIDDLEwest and it seems "they" night be correct.

I have not watched much news the last 36 hours so I am not really sure what is going on in the world. I am usually happier when I don't know what the media wants me to know. Rarely are good things reported so I don't listen to the news too often. I prefer entertainment that makes me happy rather than the stuff meant to scare me and make me sad and angry.

I think I am going to end and take that nap I have been thinking about. Maybe my eye will stop twitching when I wake up. Thanks for spending a few minutes here today. Sorry it isn't more but I really need to sleep. Have a great rest of your day and night. I will blog again in the morning with a bit more substance most likely.  TTTT...MITM (zzzzzzzzzzzz)

No comments:

Post a Comment