Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shaun Cassidy and The Pope (coming Soon)

Breaking Away was a television show too?
It's 3AM and I am awake watching a biography about Shaun Cassidy on The Biography Channel (Bio) while getting ready to go out and shovel the driveway. We had no place to go so we just hung out in the house and now that the snow seems to be over I will go tackle the driveway. Plus, living in a sac (cul-de-sac), I always get aggravated after I am done and the plow comes and buries the drive-way in again. Now I can do it all at once sans the added aggravation. I always liked Shaun Cassidy for some reason. I absolutely loved The Partridge Family so I think me liking David Cassidy and Shirley Jones (his 1/2 brother and mother) made it make sense that I would like him I suppose. Shaun seemed very nice and The Hardy Boys was okay to watch.

We normally record Dirty Laundry Podcast Tuesday nights but we did not record it last night. I think Cha Cha and I were a little wiped-out from our weekend trip to St. Louis so we will probably record it today/tonight sometime. We will probably talk a lot about our trip to St. Louis so I will leave it alone here.

I didn't remember the movie Breaking Away was made into a television series starring Shaun Cassidy (as well as Jackie Earle Haley). Maybe because it came out while I was a senior in high school and it only lasted eight episodes. I loved the film and maybe if I had watched the show it would have lasted longer than eight episodes; I have that kind of media power. Who knew Shaun Cassidy discovered Heath Ledger? The biography is over and I am dressed in my snow warrior gear so I will break here and be back in probably an hour for as much snow as we got. If you never see this I had a heart attack and you are now reading this after someone found it later after I had predicted my own demise. (insert ghostly sounds here)

Here's an intermission to entertain you while I am gone (hopefully not permanently)

It is now 5:30 and I am done with the driveway and as far as I know I did not have a heart attack.Thank goodness for Dirty Laundry Podcast for keeping me company.The snow (I should actually call it ice - more of a big, solid, snow cone really) at the end of the driveway. The plow had decided to make the snow in our driveway about four feet high. Those are never any of the kinds of things you usually think of when choosing a lot to have your house built on. My back is probably gonna hurt later but it's great to already have some exercise and have worked-up a sweat this early in the day.

Can you believe it has been a year since Trayvon Martin was shot to death in Florida? The young man armed with only a package of Skittles has probably been the greatest impact on the gun controversy in the U.S.and A.. Trayvon's parents will never get over this tremendous loss but I wonder how being reminded of their son's death every year makes it better or worse.

Can you tell that I watched Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefits Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan yesterday?  (U.S.and A, U.S. and A.).

The Pope is almost done. I am so tired of this and I know it has only started. Now we have to go through the days and days of drama waiting for smoke to come out of a chimney the correct color. The Cardinals have had plenty of time to consider a replacement but I bet dollars to donuts it doesn't go as quickly as it should. The Catholic Church, just like any big business, is loving the extra free press they are getting form this whole ordeal. Tomorrow, starting at about 9:30 MIDDLEtime, they are gonna show the Pope leaving town. I hope they throw candy; that's always my favorite part of a parade. Will there be those huge Underdog and Big Bird balloons? I am not Catholic but I have been to many, many Catholic church services (actually our wedding was Catholic) and they make a huge deal about everything. I guess that is kinda nice but I feel that it is so they can try to justify all of the opulence and money. Hopefully the lightning from the sky will miss me and I will survive another day after this last paragraph.

I have to start thinking about getting Fabio up for school and getting some show-prep done. Yes, believe it or not, we do prep some for the show. Thank you for stopping-in and setting a spell. Y'all have a great day and come back now, hear? TTTT...MITM (a bit off) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment