Friday, February 15, 2013

Women & Same-sex Rights and Prayer! Bleeding-heart Blog

Now that gay marriage is finally happening in Illinois it's time to make women equal too. The Harlem Globe Trotters have women players so why not the NBA or the NHL or MLB or the MLS or the NFL? The Globetrotters have had nine women players since the 90's. Would that have to go state-by-state too? Why can't we just say gay marriage everywhere and women in all sports (based-on equal criteria)? We have too many cavemen making decisions for our country. Whatever happened to the Geico cavemen? I bet the gecko had them whacked because they were thinking in the Stone-age  He probably had some kind of a policy on them and then an "accident" occurred. I am surprised that he is even still working or is that just part of the alibi and he will retire soon himself? There is a women (Fawzie Koofi ) who will probably run for President of Afghanistan in 2014. When she was born her mother wished her dead so she would not have to go through the same struggles that she had endured as a female in such a backward place. We have had women running for President (and made it to the top two of their parties) and there is talk that Hillary Clinton may try again in 2016. It would be amazing if Afghanistan did it before us to show how we are standing still while the rest of the world blows by us. We need some kind of a boost. Koofi even says that she will probably be assassinated but feels it is worth it to make progress for other women in Afghanistan. Amazing! I am sure the new Pope will be a woman though, right?

I am pretty sure that I have made my stance on all-star games and awards shows pretty clear. In case you are unaware - I HATE THEM. They are just a bunch or people who have accomplished everything in their lives that they ever want to accomplish (fame, fortune, happiness...) and now they have to rub our faces in it and remind us how much better they think they are than the rest of us. Now there is an all-star addition of The Celebrity Apprentice coming up. Celebs and All-stars, cool. I suppose all of the all-star games are filled with celebrities so that is kind of redundant isn't it? But, this circus is lead by a clown rather than a ringmaster - Donald Trump. Gary Busey an all-star? What is the criteria? Being a total loon? Is Meatloaf gonna be there too? I think he is smart enough to know better than go back on that show. Stephen Baldwin. Omarosa... where would these people ever be all-stars? Train Wreck All-Stars.

It's 6PM and I have just been awake for an hour. I spent eight hours in the cold last night and it apparently made me sleepy. I think I have been fighting sickness for several weeks and now I am pretty stuffed-up. I also think I have sinus issues so it could just be that. I am slowly becoming one of those old people that have every ailment known to mankind. I think my bursitis is acting-up too. I don't really know what bursitis is but I remember hearing all of the time on television back in the 1970's. It may be acting up and I don't know what it is. Maybe they cured it, whatever it is? Hold on and I'll see what it is. I looked it up and it is an inflammation of a bursa. That makes sense. Hold on again - I have to see what a bursa is. Bursa is a city in southwest Turkey so I'm not sure how that has any effect on me. I found a different definition that makes more sense - a bursa is "a tiny fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between tissues of the body." I am more concerned about the fluid in my nose that I need to use a tissue for. I am gonna bring sexy bursitis back! Mine is in my foot so maybe it is just from a lot of walking without enough toes in the tundra?

Yesterday I visited the place where five young people tragically lost their lives five years ago in our town. I remember it like it was yesterday. It is weird when people say that kind of thing like, "I remember exactly where I was when President Kennedy was shot" and things like that. I actually do know where I was when President Kennedy was shot but just from what I have been told not what I remember - isn't that how conspiracies begin? And I do remember the day these people lost their lives like it was yesterday. I remember driving home and seeing several helicopters hovering above my town. The day that these kids were killed forever changed the way we think in our small MIDDLEwest farm town. You know that I am not a religious person and it may be hypocritical but I said a prayer to whoever is upstairs when I saw these five memorials. No matter what lack of relationship I have with whatever/whoever "is upstairs" I figured it couldn't hurt. I even prefaced the little voice talk in my head with silently saying that maybe it is okay since I am not asking/saying anything for me personally. I prayed for the spirits and memories of these five kids and that their families have found some relief since they were robbed of the joy of their loved-ones. I figured if there is someone sitting in a chair in the clouds they know I did not do it to position myself to win the lottery or thank him/her/it on television for scoring a touchdown in a pre-season football game or anything so maybe "he/she/it" will take it more seriously. It's funny how each and every one of us has a different interpretation of what goes on up above the clouds isn't it? Now I have made myself sad again. I wish I could be an a-hole like my former bosses sometimes - No I don't!

I will not blog again until Monday so I guess it works well that I am not blogging until 6PM on a Friday night today. If you are planning to marry your same-sex partner in Illinois please consider coming on Dirty Laundry Podcast and talking about it. If you are I am extremely excited for you and for the fact that our state cares about peoples' feelings and rights as well as their own agenda. Have a great weekend and thanks a lot for being here. TTTM...MITM (limping out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment