Monday, February 18, 2013

800th Blog as Lame as the First Times 800

I am in an extraordinarily good mood this morning. That was even before I realized that it is Presidents' Day and this is my 800th blog. It also has nothing to do with the fact that tomorrow we will record our 100th Dirty Laundry Podcast. Those are all pretty cool things but it has more to do with tonight being my Friday and having three days off next week and getting to see Splenda for her 21st birthday (which was the 5th but she was busy at school and being called for jury duty twice since then). She was called for jury duty for two separate cases. The first she actually served on the jury and the second she was not selected. What's the deal with the legal system down south? Are there too many people not registered or are there so many convicted felons that the jury pool is shallow?

This is the hardest part of the week to blog because of the podcast. I try really hard not to repeat things and everything in my mind is extremely entertaining and significant to everyone in the entire world so I have to decide what to use here and what to use there. 800 vs. 100 but I think the 100 is more impressive for some reason. Maybe because the podcast requires more prep and more time to produce and the blog is just me emptying my cob webs through my fingers from time to time.

I wish I had something worth blogging about but I don't. I am even making myself sleepy as I type this one. zzzzzz. (insert eight hours here)

Now it is eight hours later and six of that was sleeping. Being a day sleeper as I have had to become I love days like today. It is gloomy and cold and rainy. That makes it good for we Nosferatu to sleep. Maybe the plural for Nosferatu is Nosferata? Spell-check with the little red squiggly tells me I am incorrect but many times I have been correct when Spell-check has been incorrect. Spell-check and I have a little bit of history.        
How cool is it that Illinois has another politician headed to prison? Jesse Jackson Jr. is the most recent in a long line of distinguished leaders in our state to have to serve jail time. Our state has had quite a history of fun going back to Al Capone and John Dillinger and way before that. I am guessing that New York has a more storied history of crooked politicians but we are surely the second city (second state) in more than just comedy in this country.

Being awake all night allows me a lot of time to listen to a lot of radio. Radio is kind of a lost joy in this country. It is interesting how technology changes everything. Video Killed the Radio star was the first video played on MTV for a reason. For those of you too young to remember - the M in MTV used to stand for Music instead of Mindless as it does now. My generation was probably a huge part of the transformation from radio being replaced by television; why isn't there room for both? Television is slowly being the technology of the past too now that we have all of the "on-demand" things in our lives. We want things when we want them and that has and always will be human nature. Podcasts are trying to help the art of radio (accompanied with the on-demand feature) to live in a new way. Anyway, I listened to the story of country star Mindy McCready killing herself almost all night. I had seen here on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew a couple of years back and I thought she seemed like a really nice person. I am not a country music fan so I had never even heard her name until then (2010 I think).  It was a really sad story. She just had a baby about a year ago and the father of the baby killed himself in January and now she did the same. I cannot help but think of the baby growing up with zero memory of either parents. I had heard that Mindy had "a relationship" with baseball dope Roger Clemens (allegedly) when she was 15-years-old that lasted for ten years. When I met him in Chicago while he was still pitching for the Boston Red Sox she was probably waiting for him back in the hotel room. What a creep. I guess that autographed ball has taken yet another hit (pun intended). It sound s like his wife even knew about the "relationship" and called he a family friend. They say that this was the fifth person who was on Dr. Drew's show that has died before their time: McCready (shot herself), Alice in Chains bass player Mike Starr (prescription overdose), actor Jeff Conaway from Grease and Taxi (accidental overdose), Real World (MTV) star Joey Kovar  (opiate intoxication) and Rodney "can't we all get along?" King ("accidental drowning" thought to have been caused by drug use). Seems like Dr. Drew is gonna be making the talk show circuit trying to say why he is not responsible. I have watched a lot of that show and it just seemed like a networking seminar of druggies to me.

It took me all day, along with an eight-hour break, to write this blog and I am sure it is well worth it. Thanks a lot for reading the blog so I feel like I am a writer and using my education. All kidding aside, I cannot express how much I really do appreciate you. Have a great MY FRIDAY and remember the new podcast is only a couple of days away. TTTT...MITM (already prepping for 801) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment