Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Matt Tuesday Eve

I wish jars were still made out of glass. That doesn't even have anything to do with the fact that plastics are slowly choking our planet. I hate that the extrusion method, or whatever the reason, makes it impossible to get all of the peanut butter out of the jug (I cannot even bring myself to call it a jar). In this case I am speaking about Skippy. Glass bottles and jars don't have all of the curves which stop a spoon from cleaning the sides of the container. I cannot help but think that they are trying to make me buy more peanut butter quicker. I am half-tempted to cut the "jar" up just to get it cleaned out. I will be more vigilant on my semi-solid product purchases - liquids don't matter because they could just be poured regardless of container shape. I have searched the internet and there are many peanut butters that have "straight" containers and I will choose them from now on. There is even prejudice in the peanut butter container world. I guess the politically correct term is "longitudinally challenged".

Tomorrow is Matt Tuesday. I am registered at Wal-Matt and K-Matt if you're needing gift ideas.

I guess Pope Benedict the whatever number is quitting at the end of February. It's really weird because yesterday I was flipping channels and The DiVinci Code was on television. I like the movie but, though I do like Tom Hanks, I thought Hanks' character was annoying. He seemed condescending and he was a know-it-all. Maybe he was a know-it-all  but he shouldn't have rubbed people's faces in it. Anyway, why does a Pope step-down? I am sure we will hear about it for the rest of the month, I really could not care less. Now we will have to see if there is gray smoke or white smoke blah blah blah. It's like they're still in the 16th century. I guarantee one thing - the new Pope will be an old white dude. A woman will not even be mentioned as a potential Pope. Maybe 14th century,

I am really tired so I am not going to go much longer today. I took a Benadryl too because I have a terrible sinus headache and I am pretty sure I am getting sick so I need a sleep assistant that will clear my sinuses.

Friday I filled the 4 Runner's tank and the fuel price that morning was $3.67. It cost about $70.00. I am happy I did because the next morning it was $3.81 per gallon. I know that isn't that much extra money but it is the principal. I am sure they were knowing that the east coast was going to have weather problems and they are all about hitting us while we're down. Actually it is THAT MUCH EXTRA MONEY or they wouldn't do it - it adds up to billions for them.

I have to end - I cannot keep my eyes open. It has been a tough last three days for me. I will do better tomorrow probably. TTTT...MITM (zzzzzzzz) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment