Thursday, February 7, 2013

Irony Wrapped in a Blog

It's 05:00 and I have been up for about three hours. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to begin blogging. I was listening to the new Dirty Laundry Podcast and watching the news for a lot of that time. I always listen to the new podcasts right away. I tell myself it is to make sure the show sounds good but I find that I really enjoy the show. Maybe I am a bit narcissistic? I don't think that is true because, though I seem very confident most of the time, I second-guess almost every decision I make. I stick with them once I make them but I always question them. 87.3456% of the time I have made the correct decisions. Does that have anything to do with narcissism? That is more about falling in love with your own image. I am more of a "talks just because he likes the sound of his own voice" kinda guy. See, second guessing but I think I may be wrong this time. Narcissus should have second-guessed a little more methinks.

One of the things that I heard on the news was about a lady in Chicago that called 911 and reported that her child was kidnapped. It sounds sad but they found the child at daycare where he went every day. Apparently, she had gotten her car stolen awhile back and thought the police would try harder to find her car if she said it was stolen with the child in the car. She was correct; they found the car. But now she is in jail on a felony charge of reporting a fake kidnapping. Ironic that now she doesn't need the car that the police found. I think that's irony, right? Yes it is. Unlike the Alanis Morisette song Isn't it Ironic which talks about events that are unfortunate but not ironic. Maybe that is actually the irony - that the things mentioned in the song Isn't it Ironic aren't actually ironic. Don't ya think? Ironic!

Next week Cha Cha and I are going to see Kathleen Madigan in Chicago. With the Bulls game and The Book of Mormon a couple of weeks ago and now this I should probably get a flat in Chicago. With the prices of apartments in Chicago when I say a flat I am talking about a refrigerator box unfolded so it is flat and I won't have to sleep on the cold ground. Or just park my car in an alley and let the air out of the tires. I can call it a flat, nobody can easily drive it off and if police stop over and try to give me a hassle I can just say I am waiting for the tow truck. I think there is another thing we're doing in Chicago soon too but cannot think of it. We are also going to St. Louis in a couple of weeks. There are so many reasons that I am Matt In The MIDDLE. My jurisdiction is the entire MIDDLEwest. I just do things so I have stuff to talk about here and on the podcast.

Valentine's Day is next week. I think that's why we're going to the city again. Valentine's Day is just another day to make the jerks who don't ordinarily appreciate the ladies. Sweetest Day is another one of those. Yes, they are also days that the greeting card and chocolate and restaurant and jewelry industries keep alive so they can stay in business but they are important to many. There I go with my disdain for capitalism; it's a great idea but, just like everything else, Americans take it too far. Our enthusiasm is what makes us great but it's also what makes the rest of the world think we are just a little off. That's why I feel right at home here - I am a little off.

Speaking of off... I am off. I think I am going to try to take a nap already. Most of you are getting your day started and I am gonna take a nap (just a little off). This is my Sunday night and tonight is my Monday morning so me taking a nap now is like you going to bed last night (actually Sunday night). Thanks a lot for stopping in. I am not going to proofread this (I seldom proofread the blog as I am certain you have discovered now and again) so if it is perfect you will know what that says about me. My guess is that there will be a lot of mistakes and there will be a lot of weirdness because of that which may also tell you a little about me. TTTT (probably)...MITM (just a little off) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment