Friday, February 8, 2013

NEMO Blog (looks like MEMO doesn't it?)

I do not feel like blogging but I said I probably would blog so I will. I will never get to my 800th blog and beyond by not blogging. I don't think that people are on the internet as much on the weekends as they are during the week but this weekend may be different since we are pretty snowy now in the MIDDLEwest and the East Coast is expecting to get hit by some storm called NEMO. Hurricanes and tropical storms have been named for years and now The Weather Channel is finding death and destruction is more marketable if they name storms too. Is NEMO named after the Disney fish? Captain Nemo? Is it an acronym (like North Eastern Mega Ouch or Name Entertainment Might Opportunize)? The Latin word "nemo" means "no man" or "no one." So, does that mean that "no one" will survive? "No one" will like it? "No one" knows what it means? Is EVERYTHING marketing now - even death and destruction? Maybe someone was just sending a "MEMO - East Coast Storm Coming" and the  typo and it just stuck?  I hope the best for the people of the Northeast who are still recovering from.... what was the name of that last storm? Sandy I think. That's right -Superstorm Sandy. We love acronyms and alliteration. It IS winter and stuff like this DOES happen in the East and the MIDDLE. Just like when they are surprised in coastal towns when they get hurricanes and tsunamis. Imagine back in the days when they weren't even aware that it was coming until it arrived. At least now we can prepare somewhat.

Cha Cha and I are going to see Kathleen Madigan this coming week. I like her okay but Cha Cha really likes her. We have seen her before and we (that is the Royal "we") thought that would be fun  for Valentine's Day. It will be fun but I would have chosen something different. She doesn't read the blog (Cha Cha, that is - though I would be very surprised if Kathleen did) so I won't tell her that I am not as excited as she is. Who says guys can't fake it too? I just like being Matt About Town and Chicago is almost always a good time.

Did you listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast yet? I just couldn't think of a segue so I threw that in here. Now, back the blog already in progress.

Clint Eastwood is saying that "Congress just doesn't care." I am a big fan of Eastwood's films and always have been but he and I are pretty-much polar-opposites politically but I think we are on the same page with that quote. I know we both want bi-partisan politics because that is the only way that things can be resolved. Since I have begun watching House of Cards on Netflix I cannot help but thinking about that show while thinking politics. Ha...I am watching The West Wing on Netflix right now - and I say I am not political. I recommend House of Cards highly. I would be watching it now but Cha Cha and I have been watching it together and I wouldn't feel right watching it without her. I think she is close to not watching it anymore but until then I will be loyal. She says that she doesn't really like the characters. They are mostly despicable people but I have a feeling that is how politicians are. I HATE THIS LAPTOP! (sorry)

Thanks for stopping-in. I doubt that I will blog again before Monday. Have a great YOUR weekend - I have other plans. If it isn't your weekend you can have what I will be having. TTTM...MITM (trying to figure out dinner) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment