Monday, February 25, 2013

Hey Mr. Wadsworth - Get Outta My Head!

Don't tell me who won at the Oscars. No, I didn't record it to watch it later - I don't really care. I love movies and most forms of entertainment (television, music, literature...) but I am not in it for the celebrities.Celebrities used to be a big part of it for me but I have realized how dumb that really is. Why do we hold celebrities in such high regard? Actors used to be considered to be bourgeois. I suppose then came the birth of the talent agent trying to be a barnacle on their heels. That may have been one of the greatest turning lemons into lemonade of all time. When we are kids most of our free-time is spent "playing pretend" and then some of us grow up and get paid to play pretend? Maybe they should be held in high-regard; that's pretty sweet. I am pretty sure I am just turning onto an old crotchety man like the one who used to yell at us for "playing pretend" in his yard. The one I remember the most was Mr. Wadsworth. He was our "hey you kids, get out of my yard guy." Maybe he didn't like Native Americans or Robbers (I should have been a Cop or a Cowboy maybe). How does that happen? How do I stop the transformation into Mr. Wadsworth? I wonder if Mr. Wadsworth ever wondered how he could stop the morphing when he realized it was happening to him? Do other people realize it is happening when it happens?

I just read that 19 people from the ages of 13 - 18 were charged for mob action at Ford City Mall in Chicago yesterday. Additionally, one teenager was arrested for battery and another charged with criminal trespassing. I wouldn't even have noticed the story except for the fact that they were at the mall for an autograph signing by a group called Mindless Behavior. What did the mall expect when they hired a group called Mindless Behavior to sign autographs? I have never heard about this group until now and maybe this a publicity stunt and this kind of thing follows them around? They tricked at least one Mr. Wadsworth into talking about "these darned kids these days" in his blog.
Google says this is Mindless Behavior

Have I mentioned that I hate the teenage years when I am on the receiving end of it? I honestly don't think I dished-out what I am receiving so I really don't think this is pay-back. My brother was a handful so maybe I am receiving some of his karma because he doesn't have kids. I was no angel and I did plenty but nothing that my parents really know about. Maybe I am just nosier than my parents were. Parenting has changed a lot in the last 40 years I guess. I did get the belt a lot as a kid but that was mainly for fighting with my brother.  Can you imagine even taking a belt to your kids? I cannot. Maybe when my kids have kids they will say, "can you imagine not using a belt on our kids?" No, I doubt that will happen. I surely hope not.

It's back to work tonight but it is my Friday already. It's nice to work one day, get three off, work one and then get another two off. I could get used to that but once I ran out of vacation days I don't think I would be so happy with it. I have a feeling that this may have been our last family vacation for awhile. Maybe when the kids have the grandchildren we can all meet someplace. Cha Cha will probably do something for our 25th anniversary later this year.

I am bumming myself out today. I think I need to stop. Mondays are Mondays even when they are your Friday it seems. I have a lot of hustling to do make sure I can make it to work tonight but I have 100% faith. Have a great day and thanks a lot for being here. I will try to include some photos on here of our trip here tomorrow and later today on my Facebook page. I have a good idea I know a lot of things we will be talking about on tomorrow's Dirty Laundry Podcast. It's not too late you get your listener mail in. TTTT...MITM (just plain out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment