Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gobbler's Blog! Gobble Gobble

It's 07:00 and I have already worked six hours today and shoveled the driveway. What have you done? Last night was our first real snowfall this Winter. It wasn't really bad. We got about four inches and it was that light fluffy kinda snow as opposed to the wet (whatever the opposite of fluffy is) kind. I shoveled it while on the phone for a little while and while listening to this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast. Now you can add started blogging and getting caught up on the Words With Friends games people made moves on over the night.

Hey isn't this Groundhog Day? I bet Spring is coming. I have always thought about going to Woodstock, Illinois to be part of our local festivities but I have never gotten there for it. Woodstock is where the Bill Murray move Groundhog Day was filmed. The real groundhog that tells what we already know is in Punxutawney, Pennsylvania. And Punxutawney Phil is his name-o! I have a real hard time (TWSS) not mentioning Gobbler's Knob - the place in Punxutawney where Phil lives (he rally lives in the zoo - who are they kidding?) I predict that it's about six weeks until Spring. How much do you want to bet the film Groundhog Day will be on television sometime today?

I made a mistake starting this blog because I am pooped. Where does that phrase come from? Too pooped to pop - where does that one come from too? All of a sudden I cannot keep my eyes open and I am yawning a lot.

The Big Game, the artist formerly known as The Super Bowl, is tomorrow. I think The Baltimore Ravens will win. I will bet anything that Harbaugh's team will win. I don't really care that much. I won't get to watch much of the game anyway.
In a couple of weeks we are going to meet Splenda in St. Louis. How can you not think of Meet Me in St. Louis when I say that? Who wants to be my Tootsie Wootsie? Splenda will be 21 in three days and we are going to celebrate with her after the fact. Nobody wants to hang with their parents on their 21st. I turned 21 in the same town that she will turn 21 - Carbondale, Illinois. Weird. I remember my 21st like it was yesterday. Me and a bunch of buddies went downtown. I remember hearing Harry Carey sing on the radio while we were in La Roma Pizza. He sang, "Jodie, Jodie Davis can really talk with that bat" to the tune of Davy Crockett. Jodie Davis had just hit a home run for the Cubs. I also remember going to American Tap and standing at the entrance to the bar and carding people; they didn't card to get in normally but "they" did that night. I have always been so very shy.

I am too pooped to continue to pop. I am going to sleep. It's exactly 08:00 now. I blogged off more than I could type today. I probably won't blog again tomorrow; I learned my lesson today. Have a great weekend and THINK SPRING! Thanks for stopping in and setting a spell. Y'all come back now yea hear? TTTMonday...MITM (pooping out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment