Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hump Blog!

I am only eight blogs away from blog number 800. I am not surprised since I don't really know how to shut-up a lot of the time. The blog is further proof that I cannot even keep my big trap shut even when I am alone. I guess when a tree falls in the forest it does make a sound. Blog number 800 and almost at podcast number 100. The blog is more of a daily thing (off-and-on) and the podcast is weekly. Also, the blog had started way before the podcast. I am editing Dirty Laundry Podcast #98 right now and it will be up very soon; we recorded it last night. I really enjoy doing both so I can pretend that I am using my college degree in Matt's Media (mass media / radio-television). I think I need to trademark/copyright/patent that Matt's Media term. Beginning now Dirty Laundry Podcast and Matt In The Middle are both under the Matt's Media umbrella. See, just blabbing (blogging, in this case) does sometimes bare fruit (not that there's anything wrong with that). I need to get some artwork done for Matt's Media so it seems too legit to quit.

I have noticed there are A LOT of cat-people in the world. Facebook photos and statuses have further reinforced this for me. My mom is a cat lady. I think I am allergic to cats and I saw that again yesterday when I went over and visited my parents so I am not a cat person. I am not deathly allergic but my parents don't ever open their windows (seriously, never) and they have five cats in their house (all with their own litter box) so you can just imagine. Further evidence that all of the world loves cats is that the new Monopoly piece has been selected and it's a cat. I am pretty upset by this. I began a campaign (by campaign I mean that I mentioned that I voted and then dropped it at that) to get the helicopter added as the new playing piece  but the stupid cat won. I also voted for the iron to be the piece that they dropped and the iron is the one that was dropped. I would rather have kept the iron than added the cat. I guess I don't have a monopoly on picking pieces it seems.

I am a prisoner today. I let Fabio drive to school. I let him drive to school when I don't have anything outside of the home planned. It does come in handy for him that I am not a day-worker. I guess it may not be a great idea because if something happens with him and the car I won't be able to get to him very quickly but I am one of those dudes that doesn't dwell on too many what-ifs. I do dwell on some but I am a selective what-iffer.

The United States Postal Service (USPS) just announced today that they will discontinue Saturday mail delivery. They are still going to deliver packages, mail-order medicine and express mail on Saturdays but they will no longer deliver letters, cards, catalogs or bills on Saturday. The USPS is slowly dying but they are fighting to survive. The main thing that I have always felt would be to improve your customer service. The people in the post office, I have seen in many post offices, are really crabby and take their sweet-ass time waiting on customers. Customer service is not one of their strong suits. I will feel bad if all of those people lose their jobs but the writing has been on the wall that can no longer be mailed on Saturday unless it is a package or express mail for quite some time. The internet is killing mail just as video killed the radio star. I've seen lots of changes in my half-century on this big blue marble.

The new podcast is just about uploaded and by the time I hit "publish" on this blog you will have already been able to hit the DLP link up above and listen.

Fabio and I both need haircuts so I think I am going to wrap this up and go do that. H may have track practice at 17:00 so we have to get moving. He is waiting on a call because some other sport may be using the gym (it's still too cold to run outside for a Spring sport). Thanks a lot for being here today. I should have more to write about tomorrow as I will only have to focus on one medium rather than two. Have a great rest of you Wednesday afternoon and your Wedsnight. TTTT...MITM (out to try to look presentable). I think there may be dinner out tonight in my future too. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment