Monday, February 4, 2013

One of those Blogs Where I Should Not Have Blogged!

The Big Game was yesterday. You may know it as the Upersay Owlbay. In case you haven't heard there are products called: Dorito's (some kind of a snack chip with taco and nacho flavorings) that will take-over for sliced bread and there is a couple of muddied water-looking liquids called Coke and Pepsi that are gonna replace water. I knew we'd have to get rid of bread and water sooner or later. Old prison films have told us for years how bad that combination is. Do these companies even need to advertise anymore? 7-Up doesn't seem to need to advertise on the Upersay Owlbay. Pringles? Lays? Now that I think of it I haven't seen a 7-Up commercial in years. They're probably out there but since I DVR most things these days and speed through the commercials maybe the Upersay Owlbay is the only day that people see my commercials so that is a good move. Not only do people see them but the media talks about them for about three days afterward and even judges what commercials were the best. But $3.8 million for 30 seconds? Yet they want us to donate for every charity under the sun. These many $3.8 millions could go along way to help some of the problems in the World instead of perpetuating ones we have like obesity and diabetes... That started out with the intention of being funny and introspective but got serious and sad - sorry.

So, now that The Big Game is over it's on to musicians reminding us how much better they are than we are - The Grammy Awards are coming up. You have gotten to the precipice of your chosen  profession so here's a trophy and the chance to put the words "Grammy Award-winning" on your next multi-million selling mega-seller album. Aren't the sales reward enough (along with the millions of dollars)? I suppose ego is a big part of it really. I can understand that I suppose. I wonder if there's a podcasting category yet.

Hawaii Five-0 must really be having a hard time. If they need people to write scrips for them I would certainly take a shot if they wished. They are re-doing one of the old scripts from Hawaii Five-0 back in the 1970's on tonight's show. Cha Cha and I started watching the new show when it first started but it grew tiresome very quickly so we stopped. I was always impressed, however, how they worked products into their show (even before The Big Bang Theory did) though sometimes it did become a little much. How many times can you zoom in on a Chevy logo? And then a 500 pound man eating Subway sandwiches and then Subway showing us Jarrod Vogel and saying how it is great for losing weight? Mixed signals here dudes. Maybe this Sumo guy is just beginning Jarrod's diet so good on ya mate! That would be a good plot twist.

For this blog I decided to add funny photos instead of pictures that relate to the story. It's like the prize in the box of Cracker Jack.  There's another product that I haven't seen a commercial for in years. I guess they have cornered the market on baseball food that is mentioned in a song about the national past-time that has a prize in it, along with hot dogs, so they don't need the ads anymore. I have seen hot dog ads occasionally and maybe apple pie which brings us back to Chevrolet and Hawaii Five-0.

I seem a little ranty. Spellcheck says that isn't a word but what in the Hell does Spellcheck know anyway. It doesn't even think Spellcheck is a word. It probably is really two words but I am leaving it as one word just to piss Spellcheck off. There are five red squiggly words in this sentence - you're not the boss of me Spellcheck (that's #5).

Sorry to waste your time but I got started and just snowballed. I am tired and achy and a little sniffley (red squiggly) and will blame today's blog on that. Maybe it's amusing reading rants once in a while. You know what they say about train wrecks. Me neither but it probably has something about how they are tragic and costly and could have been avoided and it was due to mechanical failure or engineer error and they tie up traffic and make people late on other trains and stuff. I hope I am more entertaining tomorrow night when we record our 98th podcast (not mentioning it by name and linking it today after I just blabbed about commercials). We are such a big deal, like 7-Up and Cracker Jack, that I don't have to mention our world-wide sensation podcast that is available on iTunes all of the time. Just most of the time.

STOP ALREADY! Is it bad to post a blog that you know is bad just because you wrote it? Is it good for people also to see the bad blogs? When the Pope poops in the woods can anybody hear it? Thanks for being here. I hope at least the photos were worth stopping by for (ending a sentence in back-to-back prepositions - WOW!). Have a great afternight (a new word we should start using). I will be better tomorrow when my breakdown is over or I just won't blog - I promise. It will be my Saturday, along with Splenda's 21st birthday, so I will be in a much better place in my noodle. TTTT...MITM (off his rocker) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment