Friday, March 8, 2013

Marathon Matt!

News flash - I am old! Last night I walked for about seven hours straight in sub-zero temperatures outside and it actually made me tired. You know that you're walking way too much when your iPod battery goes dead about half-way through your walk while trying to keep up with you on the pedometer. I laugh at the lack of toughness at technology. I scoff at you! Based on the mileage Roz was on when she went dead and the time she lasted I would say I walked about 26 miles. "I would walk 26 miles and I would walk 26 more..." Parts of me are a bit sore but nothing to blog about except for the fact that I just blogged about it.

Dirty Laundry Podcast is up and, though it is good, I honestly don't feel it was one of our best shows. My editing skills this week were sub-par I believe and I take all of the blame if, after you listen, you agree. It's like the most recent episode of The Walking Dead in a way. I thought the most recent Walking Dead was good and know that a lot of the things that occurred on this episode will lead to other story lines later but I have heard many people say that this WD was a waste of a show. I disagree. Some really exciting things from the podcast world that I am certain we will be talking about next week are: friend of the show and past guest Ingrid Serban just made #1 in the country category on Reverbnation (click that link if you want to hear a couple of her songs). I would not call her music "country" but we have a need to label things in this country so being number one in anything like this is awesome. I am so excited for her; she is so nice and talented and I love when nice things happen to nice people. I like to believe in karma and these kinds of things renew my faith in karma. You can also listen to her and Forest Sun (her husband and another extremely talented and nice musician who has had many, many musical accolades) on some of our past podcasts - particularly show #81 from October when they were our guests.
Ingrid Serban
Hey, I just thought - isn't a marathon 26 miles? I did not even think of that when I did my cipherin'. I did a seven hour mile - cool. It wasn't all just walking as I was working as well but the 26 mile part, I am confident, is accurate if not very close. I need to get a bumper sticker for my car for that marathon. I don't feel bad about feeling a little sore today now. Let's see some of these marathoners do their "run" in five feet of snow!

The other cool thing happening to one of our past guests (from two paragraphs ago) is: Greg Weindorf (our Entertainment Director) flew to Atlanta and was part of a concert at his brother's house for a Jim Bianco concert. Yes, I said "at his brother's house for a concert." Jim Bianco is on his Ruin You Rug Tour 2013. He  goes to peoples' homes and plays and records at their homes for his upcoming album. What a great idea! He will be in Milwaukee, WI on March 22nd and in Elgin, IL on March 23rd. I don't know why I mention that because we cannot go because they are "private concerts" at people's homes. Greg, however, did speak to Bianco and we are going to begin playing his music on the podcast now too. Maybe when he's in Elgin he would stop by a little further west in the MIDDLEwest for a podcast interview? You know I am gonna ask.

The film The Wrestler is on right now. I actually love this film. Mickey Rourke's best work I think. He was good in Iron Man 2 too I must say. He has five films in production/post-production. Strike while the iron's hot - especially in film. We are such a fickle audience.

I am starting to think that the podcast needs to get it's own blog. That's not going to happen but once a week, at least, this blog becomes a blog about the show. I guess the blog is about my life and rantings and that is a huge part of my life right now. When I am taking my dirty nap in a few years people will be able to look back and say, "what was wrong with this dude?" At least this way there will be no secret to that question.

I have a line on a different job and I am weighing the pros and cons of switching. When I say switching I guess I may just mean applying because once I apply (if I do) it's not entirely up to me if I "switch." I really like my current job but there are several things that I do not like; that is true with every job everybody has had in the history of jobs I know. My work anniversary date is in eight days and I get a 20% raise then so that is a good thing too. A 20% raise is really good now that I do the math. I also like that my current job is only five minutes away. This new job would be similar money but quite a bit further. The hours would be a bit better but the thing that I would like the most is the days off. I would actually be off Saturdays and Sundays instead of Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Most of my issue is my days off I think. If I could even get one traditional weekend day off I would be able to spend more time with my family and friends. Aren't family and friends what life should really be about? We work so we can better live our lives don't we? Why should family and life have to take the back seat to work? They should be driving! (wow that would be a great T-shirt) There will be more blog about this later I am sure.

Thanks a lot for stopping-on-by. I am always happy to see that you stopped in. Have a great rest of your Friday and your Frinight. I will probably (79%) blog again this weekend sometime. I have one less hour to work this weekend and one less hour to blog. TTTSometime soon...MITM (out preparing to Spring ahead). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment