Thursday, March 14, 2013

3.14 is the Loneliest Number

Happy 3.14! I am not sure if there is going to be a podcast this week. We recorded it Tuesday night and I have been working on editing it for about 24 hours (not continuously) with several problems in editing. I will probably wait until tomorrow and work on it again but it is not going to be as good as I envision. I feel like I have to get the show uploaded but when a hobby starts to become a nuisance and troublesome is it worth continuing? I really do like doing the show but I also really enjoy as little stress in life as possible; my yin and yang.

I cannot think about the blog because I am so distracted about the podcast; I have to get past this thing.

There's a new Pope. Carnival Cruise Lines has another ship that isn't ship-shape. Where did that expression ever come from? I thought the new Pope was gonna be Peter Turkson from Ghana. I am happy I didn't drop  a bet on him. This guy is from Argentina. I don't know his real name but I know his stage name is Francis. I checked and it's Jorge Bergolgio. He took a vow of poverty when he was 22-years-old and he has been living that way ever since. Now he will have someone wiping his butt. How does he continue to live by his vow? Maybe there was an exception in his vow if he became Pope? It seems, based on his living in poverty alone, he is the correct Pope for the job. But now he rides in a car more exclusive than the Bat-Mobile and the powerful Mach 5 - The Popemobile.
I am starting to chill about the podcast. I think, like Pete Mitchell - call sign Maverick - in Top Gun, I was holding on too tonight. I should be ready to re-engage tomorrow I think. Can you tell I like Top Gun. I still do and am happy that it is on Netflix now but I really do not care for Tom Cruise anymore. Cha Cha makes fun of me about liking the film every now and then. I saw a preview for the new Tom Cruise film and thought to myself that I will probably never watch another new Tom Cruise film again. I think I saw the preview before Oz: The Great and Powerful. We talk about Oz on the podcast and if I ever get it launched you will find out what we thought of it. I know I should be able to separate the actors from their films but I am too shallow. That's why, because of the blog and the podcast, I live such a wholesome life. Without these media vehicles of such high exposure I would be Charlie Sheen - another person who I will never watch any work of again. Who else? Jay Leno. The list has nothing to do with acting chops (ability) just general dislike of the person. I know there is a longer list than that but I will have to think about that. I wonder why Mel Gibson isn't on that list? Must be strange criteria to join this exclusive club. So exclusive that the one and only voting member cannot even list how to get in the club. Talk about exclusive!

Writing a blog is very therapeutic. I am about ready to go back down to the studio and finish editing the podcast. I am going to wait until tomorrow though.

Already have my vote!
I just heard that the Democrats may be thinking about a Clinton - Obama Preferential ticket for 2016. That would be weird. Bill and Barack? No. Hillary and Michelle! I already know if that ticket is a choice I am voting for them. I like both of these women and I think they'd do great jobs. I am already putting the entire force of Dirty Laundry Podcast's and Matt In The Middle's support behind this ticket. Can you imagine a woman President and VP? Take that third-world countries that make women cover their faces in public. Even the fact that they could run if they wanted to is cool.

There have been a lot of big trades and signings in the NFL off-season. Percy Harvin is now a Seahawk and Anquan Boldin is now a 49'er and Steven Jackson is now a Falcon. Times have sure changed from when I was a kid. Back when I was a youngster (said in an old man voice) players would be with one team their entire careers. Do any players stay with their teams fro their whole career anymore?

Thank you for helping me distract myself from my podcast editing woes. Maybe I just need to get out of the studio for awhile? Three days until St. Patrick's Day. Thank you for stopping-in. Have a great Thrusnight. I am gonna take an old man nap now. TTTT (?)...MITM (toast) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment