Monday, December 31, 2012

Last Blog of 2012 - Guaranteed!

Just Not Great Really!
So, it is the last day of 2012. I didn't care for 2012 all that much so I am not really disappointed to see it go. I cannot think of anything particularly bad that happened in my personal life in 2012 but maybe it was just blah. It was better than 2011 so maybe I am just being too hard on 2012. My favorite number has always been 13 so I have great hopes for 2013. I probably shouldn't have bad-mouthed 2012 until tomorrow. Maybe if the Cardinals had won the World Series I wouldn't be so bitter about 2012.

What's going to happen with our economy in America this year? Why are they just waiting until the last moment to decide on a resolution?  The politicians are just a bunch of babies wanting attention. They will wait until the last moment and agree on a deal or extend the date or something along those lines. They watch too many movies and think everything has to have a big build-up and then a happy ending just in the nick of time (or is it knick of time?). In times gone by this is when the people revolted; when their governments did not have the peoples' best interests in their hearts and minds. I am certainly not calling for anarchy as I am much too lazy to deal with something with that much magnitude that takes that much time and commitment. I would be happy to blog and podcast about it if one of you wants to get one started. I will be the Press Secretary or Communications Liaison or something cool sounding like that.
Not So Much!
I am fairly certain that Cha Cha is totally addicted to Twitter. I know it's mainly because she and I have opposite schedules and we are like ships passing in the night (or day) most of the time. We are both going to work on the "ships" part in 2013. I like my job but it is tough on us both not seeing each other much. I guess if she is going to "step-out" on me it may as well be with Michael Moore and Ricky Gervais and Steve Martin and Jon Stewart and Paula Poundstone and Lewis Black and Michael Ian Black and Garry Shandling and Kathleen Madigan... And about 60 more; I could keep going on and on. Wow, she spends a lot of time with a lot of people. Cha Cha is a Twitter Floozie (patent pending/trademark/copyright).

Why do we sew our clothes and darn our socks? If my socks have holes in them I just damn them and throw them out. Forget the darning - go right to the damning! What about That Darned Cat? Was it a sock cat?

Who will be the first celebrity to die in 2013? I just went through the list of celebs who died in 2012 . I forgot a lot of these people died this/last year. I think I may say that every year. Not always aloud or in a the blog but at least in my head. Not to be wishing bad on anyone but my early money is on George H.W. Bush.

I think Cha Cha and I are going to go see Kathleen Madigan on February 13th in Chicago at City Winery. We've seen her before and she was funny. Cha Cha really likes her. I am not too impressed by most comics since I worked at Zanies Comedy Club for a couple of years. I do not find most comics very funny; maybe it came from hearing the same acts night after night and twice on Fridays and Saturdays? I think most jokes are predictable so I like comics that are a little different or very clever. I also like irreverence like Norm MacDonald has. I am starting to reminisce about what comics I liked when I worked at the comedy club. Do I dare list the ones that I did not like? Maybe I will do that on the podcast this week? Making celebrity enemies might be the way to make the podcast known. What in the Hell is the difference between VIP and Reserved and Premiere? We went with the VIP because they are two-top tables. I asked Cha Cha, "don't you want to meet new people?" She said, "not really." So, that made the decision easy.

I hope you have a great New Year's Eve tonight. Be safe. I am just being selfish because I need you to read the blog and listen to the podcast because you may be one of the only ones. I am glad I will be working to ring in the New Year because if there is no Dick Clark there may as well not be a New Year as far as I am concerned. TTTNY (Next Year)...MITM (one day closer to next year and death) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment