Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2012 + 2

2013 is here! Some people are saying it's going great so far and some are saying not so great. Life has its ups and downs and they don't always happen the same way to each of us at the same time. It would be nice if we were all happy and doing well at the same time but it would really suck when we were all having bad days and hard times.

So far I have been off work the entire year except for the first six hours of the year (Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my Saturdays and Sundays). I go back to work tomorrow. I just read about my friend Judii lost her job today. She will land on her feet because she is a fighter and a hard worker. She knows a lot of trades so I included her flyer on the right there if you're looking for a handyWOman! It is things like this that makes me remember that we need to live our lives for today because we do't know what will be happening tomorrow.

With that in mind I just went online and bought a couple of tickets for the Los Angeles Lakers - Chicago Bulls game for Fabio for his 16th birthday in a couple of weeks. Those are his two favorite teams and he has been hinting for about 5 months and I decided to live for today. If I die before then Cha Cha will have to take him. She doesn't want to go so I only bought two. The last Bulls game we went to was a couple of years ago when we went to one of the play-off games. Don't tell him because he doesn't know yet.

Last night we recorded the new Dirty Laundry Podcast. About midnight I decided to edit it and I finally got it done and uploaded by 4:30 this morning. It isn't too expensive of a hobby (that is a relative term though) but it sure does take a lot of time. What hobby doesn't? Next week we have the owner of a company called Urban Tanks to talk about the National Rifle Association (NRA). Can you guess what side of the NRA he might be? I just cannot wait to see the vehicle he drives up in.

I heard that Aurora, Illinois (the second largest city in Illinois) had no homicides at all of 2012. The first time in six decades. Aurora has always seemed like a pretty violent city to me so this surprises me a great deal. I hope that is true but I find it hard to believe. Chicago (Illinois' largest city) has already had a couple of homicides in the last two days (2013). Was there an effort to fudge the numbers to try to get people to move to Aurora? Visit Aurora? Some extra funding? I am usually a skeptic on most things but that's just my Columbo-nature. I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam! MMMMMM....yams!
No homicides in Aurora? Hmmmmmmm, curious!

I am going to take Cha Cha out on a date tonight. She leaves from work in about 40 minutes and it takes her about 30 minutes to get home so I have about 50 minutes before I have to get into the shower. I know dinner (salad for me) will be involved but I hope a movie - that part is up to her. Our last one wasn't too enjoyable (listen to the podcast). I'd like to see Django Unchained but I am pretty sure she doesn't. I heard Jack Reacher is good too but I am pretty Anti-Tom Cruise lately. Looking at the showtimes it may be tough unless we do the 10:00/10:30 show.

It always takes me way to long to write these blogs now. It's 100% my fault but I am playing Words With Friends, Tweeting (Matt The Agitator), checking movie times... Why can't I do just one thing at a time anymore?

I have to get a shower and get dressed. Going to bed at 5:00AM sure does topsy-turvy ones' days. My whole life has been topsy-turvy for the past three years or so so you'd think I'd be used to it by now. Have a great night and I think I will blog tomorrow. Thank you for stopping in and for reading the blog and listening to the podcast. TTTT...MITM (out with the old) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment