Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mattsadumbass Predicts!

MSN is reporting that John Mayer and Katy Perry are "getting serious." Okay, so they will get married and be divorced in seven months. Mattstradamus has spoken. Maybe more like Mattsadumbass! How long were Perry and Russell Brand married? Didn't Perry and Mayer date before too?

I just found one of my favorite books. I did not know it even existed until last night. It's called Melanie's Marvelous Measles. It talks to children about the benefit of having measles and vaccinations. Good luck convincing a child that it is good to be sick. It's good to miss school but that's what the thermometer on the light bulb is for. And, from experience, if you leave it on the light bulb too long and it bursts. Just drop it and say that it broke when it fell out of your mouth. That's the book I should write; ways to get to stay home from school "legally."

Last night we recorded the new Dirty Laundry Podcast. We had Michael Grossman, owner of Urban Tanks and NRA member, on the show. Our good buddy and frequent guest Jay Cole was on the show too. We talked mainly about gun control but apparently hammer control should have been the real discussion. You'll have to listen. In case you didn't know it's also available free on iTunes. There are a couple of imitators so make sure you get the correct Dirty Laundry Podcast.

Someone found an 1865 baseball card of the Brooklyn Atlantics in a photo album while looking for antiques at a yard sale. Now the card is up for auction. It sounds like it may go for around $100,000. This is an amateur team with no famous players that I know of so why is it worth that much? That's crazy. I should start going through the boxes and boxes of baseball cards I have one of these day. I have one of Cha Cha in an Oakland Athletics uniform from Boardwalk and Baseball from maybe 1989 - 1990. It is the only known baseball card of Cha Cha so that should be worth at least $100,000 right?

While I am talking about baseball the committee who votes on the National Baseball Hall of Fame voted nobody into the HOF. Some of the steroid dudes were on the ballot: Roger Clemens (allegedly) now I guess, Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa as well as many players that were not on 'roids.

Did you hear that Hasbro is "retiring" one of the game pieces from Monopoly? I always thought the iron was stupid. Thimble? Maybe with the gun control issue they'll get rid of the cannon or the battleship. The dog seems safe and a shoe and a wheelbarrow are harmless. I have always loved the top hat so I am gonna campaign that the top hat stays. They are letting us decide by voting on the Monopoly Facebook page. I just went to the page and, along with voting for the one to "go to jail," I got to vote for the one to become the new piece. I voted for the top hat to "get out of jail" and for the helicopter to "pass go."  Don't tell anybody but I voted three times. Help save the top hat! It's all about class and what is Monopoly without a top hat?

I have to take Fabio to the trainer so I have to get my crabby butt out of here. Thanks for listening to the podcast and for stopping by to read the blog. Have a great night and do something nice for yourself (besides voting for the top hat). TTTT...MITH (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment