Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sleepy Blog with No Sleep in Sight!

So I drove over an hour in Chicago rush-hour traffic to bring the Fiat to the dealership where we bought it to have some work done. If you listened to Dirty Laundry Podcast a couple of week's ago you heard how we brought it here for regular service and while they were trying to fix a burnt out light bulb they deeply scratched the dashboard. They ordered the part for the light and the new dashboard and called Cha Cha and said the parts are in so I brought it here. When I got here I mentioned that the trunk doesn't open properly now either. When I got here the dude asked, "do you have somebody picking you up?" I responded, "no, I live in Dekalb" with the understanding that it was very far not that we only have one car for the entire village and it would take a long time for a horse and carriage to get here.When you get about 30 minutes East of our town everyone seems to think we are close to the Pacific Ocean or something. He then told me that a dashboard may take most of the day. I made some kind of remark like "it didn't take all day when they scratched it up when we were here last time." So, my guess is that it will not take all day. I am very persuasive when I am perturbed. I have been awake since 14:00 yesterday and now it is 10:00 so I have been up for 20 hours at this point and I get jerkier as I get more tired so who knows what will happen here. I am just happy that they have WiFi so I can vent in blog-form. I have only been here for about 30 minutes so far and I will keep you updated. We record the new podcast tonight so I will probably have something to talk about.

I am really sleepy.

I just got caught up on my Words With Friends so I hope somebody plays me soon so I have something else to do. Greg Weindorf and John Zepeda just made a move and I counter-moved. Thanks guys. I also brought the book I have been reading and, obviously, I brought my computer so I can do some research for today's podcast. I could also sprawl-out right in the MIDDLE of their showroom floor and take a nap. They have some pretty comfy looking Jeeps and Mini-vans I could nap in too.

I read that Jane Kaczmarek will be on Breaking Bad. In case you are unaware she played Lois on Malcolm in the Middle. Lois was married to Hal. Hal was played by Bryan Cranston who is the star of Breaking Bad.  Being a huge television dude (remember I majored in Radio-Television in college so I am pretty-much an expert in television) I love when shows do stuff like this. It is unclear what she will play on the show but I speculate she will have some kind of a fling with her ex-television hubby. I base that simply on what I would do if I were in charge there. Another weird Breaking Bad / radio-television tie-in (as well as a Words With Friends tie-in from the previous paragraph - Bob Odenkirk is on Breaking Bad and he worked with Greg Weindorf and I at WIDB radio in college. The blog always seems to tie stuff together for me. Thank you blog gods!

If I had known I was gonna be here this long I would have worn shorts. I knew it was going to be in the 60's today but I wasn't thinking (like usual). Tomorrow it's supposed to be back in the single digits. Good thing there is no global warming.

Okay I am going to get off of here now. I guess you'll have to listen to the not-recorded podcast tomorrow to find out how The Saga of the Guy Who was Very Sleepy and Took His Car to Get Worked-On "All-Day" Turns out. I am hoping for a happy ending (I am always hoping for that - wink wink) where the hero gets some sleep sometime before his world-famous show goes on the air.

Thanks a lot for helping me pass a little time - I always appreciate you. If you want to send me some Words With Friends moves that would be appreciated. If I don't play you immediately it means that I am driving my car home. TTTT (with the blog and the pod)...MITM (out to sit here with hopes in my heart). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment