Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Fickle Fleeting Fate of Fame

This is earlier than I told you I would blog today but we did not record Dirty Laundry Podcast yet. Cha Cha did not come home last night. I am confident that she will be back tonight and we will record it then. I could say why she told me at the last minute last night that she wasn't coming home but then you wouldn't be enticed to listen to the podcast tomorrow. The pod will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, if Cha Cha returns, there'll be pod..." At least I am honest about my teases unlike most of the "entertainment" community.

I am once again faced with the dilemma of what I blog about so that the podcast is fresh and different. I try really hard not to "talk" about the same things on each but I cannot help but crossing-over from time to time. We do talk about what is on the blog on the podcast occasionally but not much. Maybe we should do a feature on the podcast called "the blog week in review." Hmmm, that is actually a thought. I should have Cha Cha do that feature because it would make her read the blog. I think I will mention it on the podcast and see how she reacts. I may even lie and say we got listener mail that asked for this. See, if she read the blog she would know what terror awaits her tonight when we record the podcast. This may be one of those moments like when Laverne and Shirley or Mork or Trapper John or Maude or The Jeffersons or Fish or Sheriff Lobo got their own shows. That is a huge list that could go on forever. Did you even know that The Misadventures of Sherriff Lobo was a spin-off? If you did you spend too much time on television. That's why I majored in Radio/Television in college - so I wouldn't have to feel guilty in my life watching TV and doing podcasts and things normally done by couch potatoes; it's research and continuing education. I am working on a triple doctorate.
I love apes, all kinds

The Duchess of whatever (I am not sure if it's Cambridge or York or whatever - I'm not being disrespectful) is apparently pregnant. Being pregnant is an exciting time for a woman, her husband and the rest of the family (I remember how excited five-year-old Splenda was when Cha Cha was pregnant with Fabio) but can you imagine if the entire country, the entire world, knew about your pregnancy early in your pregnancy? I feel bad for this poor girl. She thought she knew what she was getting into. She thought love was worth what she was going to have to endure. Does love really conquer all? This will be the true test. It is a real-life Disney story. A beautiful princess, an evil queen (I don't really think The Queen is evil - the media is really the evil queen in this story), a handsome prince, a poisoned apple (the lies and stories)... Now they are saying that maybe she is having twins and Prince Harry never has a chance to be King... why does the media (evil queen) just like to start crap (poisoned apple)? Maybe if we did that on the podcast and I did that on the blog we would be famous and huge but that is not me/us. I honestly think there is room for people being nice and entertaining at the same time. At least I hope so and the podcast and the blog will probably die trying.

I just added that photo of TV Guide (incidentally, I think apes should have their own planet) and realized I had forgotten all about Judy Landers. How is that even possible? I am going to check and see "where is she now?" She trained at Juilliard...I didn't see that one coming. She married ex Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Tom Niedenfuer in 1987 and lives in Sarasota, Florida. They have two daughters. Two daughters makes me think....what about Audrey Landers? She is married and still sings and acts and has been in a lot. She has twins (coincidence or blogging fate?) Both Landers sisters seemed (probably still are) very nice (like the blog and the podcast); fame is so fickle and fleeting.

I have apparently gained BDD (blogger deficit disorder) so it's time to call this a wrap. I am jumping all over the place like I have a MITM Time Machine or something. Thanks a lot for stopping in and, hopefully, the beautiful Cha Cha will return to me tonight and we can record a podcast. TTTT (92% probability)...MITM (out to deal with the voices in my blog)  Have a great day, TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment