Thursday, December 13, 2012

Just Bumming Myself Out Today!

Happy day to you. It is 12 days to Christmas so is this the partridge in a pear tree day? I have never been sure what the 12 days of Christmas are. I could Google it but then I could never say I didn't know what the 12 days of Christmas are again.

I heard that reality television may not really be all reality after all. Dave Hester, the YUPPPPP guy on Storage Wars, was fired from the show and now he is suing the show and he has come out and said that there have been items "planted" in the units to create more drama and stories. And that plastic sugery was paid for by the show to have one of the women on the show (duh, there is only one really unless you count the assistant auctioneer lady). He is calling the show "fake." I am not surprised at that. He is also saying that the bidding process is rigged. I am sure all (and yes I mean ALL) of the reality shows add things to make their shows better (yes, they were probably worse). I am sure Honey Boo Boo is fed lines, along with a lot more, to make her more whatever she is. I am happy to say that I have never seen that show. The thing that really gets me is the channels they are on. A&E maybe I can understand a little. They certainly aren't Art but they could be called Entertainment by some. The other big channel that they are on is TLC. I suppose they could fall under THE and maybe Channel but the Learning one is the one I have a hard time with. I guess I think of learning being attached to something positive but I guess learning what is stupid is learning too. TLC used to be about science and nature and academics but those things don't draw in the audiences and, in turn, the advertisers. Everybody slows down to see a fire or a wreck.

It's that time of year again when all of the rich, famous, celebrities get together to congratulate each other for being better than the rest of us. The Golden Globe nominations were announced yesterday. It obviously doesn't even mean anything what we think. Les Miserables was nominated for best musical or comedy picture. Also, for that same movie that isn't even in theaters yet - Hugh Jackman was nominated for best actor and Anne Hathaway was nominated for best supporting actress. The film isn't even out yet and they are nominated for these plus best song. Further proof that these shows are only them stroking each other regardless of what the audience thinks. Lincoln was also nominated for A LOT of awards but that film is at the theater already. Cha Cha and I saw Lincoln last week and we talked about it on this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast. I know I rail on all of the celebrities celebrating themselves every year about this time. I apologize for being a broken record. Maybe I can get a reality show on Science or Nature or something to talk about it.

They (Forbes magazine) are also rubbing our faces in what they make right now. The list of the top female singer earners for 2012 has just come out. Britney Spears came in at number one with having earned $58,000,000 this year. She was followed by Taylor Swift ($57M), Rhianna ($54M), Lady GaGa ($52M), Katy Perry ($45M), Beyonce ($40M), Adele ($35M), Sade ($33M), Madonna (only $30M) and rounding out the top 10 is Shakira with a mere $20,000,000. That's $424,000,000 for the top ten women in music. Wow! Entertainment is very important to me but that is an awful lot of money. Imagine what the total would be if you added the men and the groups. Criminetly! Maybe we should give them some awards for making that kind of money. It makes me wanting to reconsider how I spend my money. I usually spend most of mine on sports type stuff when I do live things but I could not even to be able to fathom the top ten athletes in ever male and female sports. I am bumming myself out here. We are seeing The Book of Mormon next month so maybe I need to take back the sports comment.

I gotta clean the kitchen and do some laundry so I can help the good people at the water department get into the top ten utility companies in my town. I have been awake since 2:00 AM so I need to get a nap in somewhere too before I head to work. Thanks a lot for making me feel like $58,000,000 by stopping in; I really do appreciate you. Have a great Thirsty and I will probably blog again tomorrow. TTTT,,,MITM (off like Cinderella's glass slipper) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment