Friday, December 7, 2012

Did I Spread a Bad Rumor?

Donner, party of two, Donner
Seems like winter is finally here in the MIDDLEwest. Save for the snow and the wind and the bitter cold. Other than it's a winter wonderland out there. Don't get me wrong I like this better. Every winter I wonder why my ancestors settled on the MIDDLEwest. I guess I know why they would have settled here back when the country was new and the land was fertile for farming and there was plenty of game and fowl and fish but why now. There were a group of people that headed west from Illinois and they called them The Donner Party; I guess they made other MIDDLEwesterners reconsider that trek, huh? Hey wait, it's on me now and I don't want to disappoint my descendants by moving somewhere fantastic and robbing them of the opportunity to blame someone else (me, in this case) for everything. That's what we do for the people who follow us. There not even born yet and I love them so much that I am willing to take a bullet for them.

Last night I walked for about seven hours. Most every Thursday night I am on foot patrol and most of the time I have had pretty sore, sometimes blistered, feet. Last night was the first night that I walked with my new boots. I finally had enough and went out and bought some boots and I could not be happier with my selection at this point. I got Nike ACG boots. The AGC stands for "all conditions gear." I didn't even know that Nike made boots. I don't know why they call them "all conditions gear" because they are not waterproof so that negates at least a couple of conditions I can immediately think of. I helped them become "all conditions gear" by buying some waterproofing spray and coated them as soon as I got them home. Lats night I schlepped around in rain (drizzle more precisely) and my tootsies remained dry and toasty. It felt like I was walking on a cloud of grilled cheese sandwiches. They are completely black, even the swoosh, and you cannot even tell they are Nike unless you're really paying attention. It came down to these and boots by Skechers (spell-check thinks that should be spelled Sketchers. I love when I am superior to spell-check) but the Nike were only $10 more ($79) so I went with them. I have always had very good luck with Nike. Fabio's Nike basketball shoes are usually upward of $150 - $200 so I felt like I was getting a bargain. My back and legs didn't even hurt like they usually do; I should have gotten new boots a long time ago methinks. I know this sounds like a commercial for this brand of boots but it is not - it's just me spilling my thoughts as I do. I am beholden to no company but if someone wanted to throw a few sheckles/geld/dinro/scratch/cabbage/dough... my way I could be easily convinced to think thoughts about their products. I bet the Donner Party would still be around if they had worn these boots. That;s gonna be my cathc phrase if they ask me to promote these boots - like Nike needs my help, ha!
I make them sexy!

Does anybody else think it's funny that Martha Stewart got Salmonella because of handling turkeys on Thanksgiving? Who would have thought that handling turkeys on a television set under hot lights after the birds had been sitting out for hours would do such a thing. I can understand it in her case because she is new to television and cooking.

So, Dirty Laundry Podcast is up and there may be controversy. The day after I reported on the show that Bill Murray had finally agreed to be in the forthcoming Ghostbusters 3 movie (I would hope that it will have a more clever name than that, but probably not) Dan Ackroyd says Murray is not part of the sequel. I always imagined that the only living half of the Blues Brothers listened to the podcast but now I am certain. I think I did preface it on the show by saying that it was a rumor but I still stand by the story that Dr. Peter Venkman (Murray) will be in the new film. They are starting all of the movie promo hype even before filming has begun with these lies and innuendo and you can remember that you heard it here. I think, however, that if he is not part of the film (very unlikely if you follow my reports), it would be cool if Venkman came back as a ghost and they caught him in a trap as a pet. They could disfigure him or something and have anybody do the voice. Maybe he could be reincarnated as Honey Boo Boo or Dog The Bounty Hunter or one of the Storage Wars people or the one of the Duck Dynasty dudes or something.

I have rambled enough I think. Make sure to listen to the podcast and tell your friends about it. I fell asleep when I was listening to it but don't let that be a deterrence. Unless you're trying to cure insomnia then maybe it's just what Dr. Johnny Fever ordered. Remember that I had been walking seven+ hours in cold rain before I listened so maybe I was sleepy. Have a great Friday night and thanks a lot for listening to the show and stopping in here. I hope I/we help you escape some of the daily grind once and awhile and make you feel better about yourself because you're not me. TTT? (maybe tomorrow even though it's your Saturday)....MITM (maybe not too?) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment