Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Gunt Smoosher - my new product?

What is the deal with tennis shoes? I rarely play tennis in them. Tennies? I call mine Ninies! Sometimes they're called sneakers; I guess I have sneaked in them more than I have played tennis in them. The British call them trainers. Depending on what I am training for I guess I have done that the most; as long as I am training for a walk or a good drive.

I was up late last night and scanning through the channel guide and thought I was going to watch Carrot Top's (Scott Thompson) brother but the show "Muffin Top?" is actually an infomercial for something called the Cami Shaper. I would have called it the Gunt Smoosher (patent/trademark/copyright) but that's why I am not in marketing any more. I really thought Carrot Muffin Top was gonna be funny - you don't get to see brothers of prop comics very often these days. Not since (Leo) Gallagher's brother Ron has there even been an attempt at such a feat.

I switched Dirty Laundry Podcast from the "philosophy" to "comedy" category. We were number 26 most recently in philosophy and we go up and down depending on when we upload new shows. We actually have been number one a couple of times in that category. We thought we would try to switch to comedy to try to gain new listeners. The day we switched, Friday, we entered the category at number 313. The category is much larger since, apparently, more podcasters think they're funny rather than philosophical. This morning I checked and we have gone up 219 places to number 94. We jumped up 219 places; I think that's pretty cool. I think we'll stay in comedy until we get to number one but then where do we go? I guess at that time we go pro. Maybe moving from philosophy to comedy was like going from AA podcasting to AAA podcasting and then pro is next? Overall on Podomatic, our podcasting host, we went up 5,734 spots yesterday (that is for all podcasts regardless of category). I see why people get addicted to the stock market. It's not the money it's just watching the numbers.

I am slowly getting addicted to Twitter. I had said that I am not sure about it but how quickly things change. "Matt The Agitator" is all about the tweets. Maybe it's not slowly but quickly. I have to have more things to do to keep me stressed. I have issues!

Monday is the deadline to avert the Fiscal Cliff. I will be so happy, almost either way, to not to have to ever hear the term "fiscal cliff" ever again. If it isn't solved will we have a Fiscal Avalanche? And then a Fiscal Burying of our Economy? We have to have a cute, catchy phrase for everything.

I have to go put a bookshelf together. Maybe I should have thought about that when I carried it to the car before Christmas. Once and idiot, always an idiot. Vacation is over for me so I may not blog tomorrow. It was nice having a couple of extra days off but it always comes to an end. Have a great day and probably a good tomorrow unless I get a blog up my butt and decide to write again tomorrow. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment