Friday, December 28, 2012

The Miserable Blog!

Add caption
I am home one more day and I go back to work tomorrow. I tried to blog yesterday while we were waiting for the Fiat to be serviced (it sounds like we took our car to a house of ill-repute) but the WiFi at the dealer wasn't working properly. It turned out to be quite a bit of rigmarole which actually saved us some money because we would have gone to IKEA had we not had to go back and forth to the dealership three times. To hear all of the fun we had listen to the new Dirty Laundry Podcast. We recorded it last night and I stayed up until about 4:00 AM to get it uploaded. I hope Les Miserables isn't boring or I will be the one snoring. 

I am happy that all of the Christmas stuff is over. The only thing that I will be sad about is that Splenda is heading back to school in the next day or two. It's not like we have seen her all that much as she has been at her boyfriend's house more than she has been here. I think she is still there now or maybe she already headed back to school and forgot to tell us. 

I have to get ready to go see the film. I will let you know about it when we get back. Intermission time.  

We haven't left yet but I went upstairs and asked Fabio if he wanted to go to the movie with us and he asked, "which one?" I said Les Miserables and he said "no." I then asked, "what if it were Django: Unchained?" He asked is that the same one from the people who did Pirates of the Caribbean?"  I asked, "which one is that?" "The one with the "Indian and that cowboy." I feel really old when my son doesn't know who The Lone Ranger is!

We're back from seeing Les Miserables. I would not recommend seeing it. Cha Cha agrees. We will talk a lot more about it on the podcast when we record the new one on Tuesday but in the meantime - save you money. The movie has five stars that I really, really like: Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter and Sasha Baron Cohen so I wanted to like it. The story, written by Victor Hugo, is a great story but I doubt that he pictured it as a musical. When he titled the book he must have known about the musical film to come. Cha Cha and I have watched the version on Netflix with John Malkovich and Gerard Depardieu and liked it a great deal so I guess I would recommend that one over this one. 

Also, if you want to hear a review of Django: Unchained listen to the podcast that was just uploaded this morning (Load 92). Our Entertainment Guru Greg Weindorf sent us in a review of that movie. Spoiler alert...I wish I would have tried harder to convince Cha Cha to listen to Greg.

Of the previews that I saw before today's movie the only one that I am excited to see is Zero Dark Thirty. It is about the hunting down and killing of Osama Bin Laden. It appears to be based on a true story but I am not 100% on that. 

I really don't know what else is going on in the world so I don't know what else to write about. We just heard from Splenda and found that she is not going back to school until Sunday rather than tomorrow. She has spent most of her break in Wheaton so it is nice we may get to see her for a bit tomorrow. Have a great rest of your night and I may blog tomorrow. It is weird being home on Friday night; I like it. TTTT (porbably)...MITM (out) TA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment