Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I Wrote a Blog Today, Oh Boy!...

Not Today For This Toad!
Hi again. Thanks for coming back unless this is your first time here and then thanks for clicking on this by accident. As long as you're both here you may as well stay and see what some moron in the MIDDLEwest is up to today.

Today has been very productive so far. I worked for the first six hours of the day (midnight to 6:00AM), I fixed one of the upstairs toilets that hadn't been flushing properly, I took the dog to the groomer (and went back and picked her up, of course), I made egg salad (including the boiling and peeling of the eggs, of course), I went to the hardware store to get the stuff to fix the toilet (before I fixed the toilet, of course), I helped a lady load a chair into the back of her truck - she was trying to do it alone outside of the store where I bought the toilet supplies (always the good samaritan), I took a one hour and 17 minute nap while the dog was at the groomer... Those were the main things so far; it's only 1PM so I will get more done. I will definitely take Fabio to basketball and pick him up, I will certainly fix dinner (unless we have egg salad), I will record a podcast with the lovely and talented Cha Cha J. Muggs and I am sure some other things. Now that I have that out of the way, along with my mini todo list I will forge-on. Oh yeah,I also lined-up a guest for nest week's podcast.

I started a Twitter account under "Matt Helser" yesterday. I had forgotten that I has started one under "Matt The Agitator" awhile back so now I have two but it will not allow me to link the two. I guess I will start to Tweet as Matt Helser. If you were one of the "followers" of Matt The Agitator please follow Matt Helser now until I forget that I have that Twitter handle too. I haven't set it up on my mobile devises yet; baby steps. I am already following 15 Tweets: Steve Martin (the comedian not one of my former asshole bosses with the same name), Gary Shandling, Kevin Smith, Albert Brooks, St. Louis Cardinals, Weird Al Yankovic, Ben Stiller, Jim Gaffigan, Cha Cha, Splenda, Norm MacDonald, Barack Obama, my friend Dena, Matt The Agitator and another one my Cha Cha. If you have any suggestions for good Tweets to follow let me know. If you have one I want to follow you - TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!

The Walking Dead "mid-season finale" was this past Sunday. It was good but the ending / cliff-hanger was exactly what I expected. That means either I am really smart or they are really predictable. In this case it is the latter. For the most part this show does the unpredictable so I will cut them some slack. It's a really great show and I thank Dirty Laundry Podcast Entertainment Director Greg Weindorf in my head every time I watch the show. That is to say I thank him in my head, he is not an imaginary character in my head. He is the one that convinced Cha Cha and I, and Fabio by default, to watch the show. If you have not gotten involved because you didn't want to start mid-stream there is a The Walking Dead marathon on AMC on New Year's Eve / New Year's Day. The next new shows start in February. I have always been a fan of movie and television monsters/Munsters but I have never really cared for zombies but I do like this show.

I am going to try to take a nap before I have to do the basketball run. I will blog again tomorrow but it will probably be later because tomorrow is the day I usually promote the new podcast in the blog and it would be silly to tell you that "the new podcast" is ready when, in fact, it is not ready. There are plenty of previous shows, 88 to be precise, that you can listen to. Consider it a Dirty Laundry Podcast marathon preempting The Walking Dead marathon. Some of the shows are not still available since we have just a certain amount of room but I have all 88 on disc if you need a fix beyond what is still up. Thanks again for being here and for continuing to come back. Have a great night and most of the day tomorrow until I tell you to have a nice day and/or night again then. TTTT...MITM (Sleeping Dead) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment