Friday, December 21, 2012

The Afterlife, so far, Just Feels Like More of the Same!

Welcome to The Happy Hunting Ground. It doesn't seem much different than yesterday. I had always wondered that when I died (in this case because the world ended) I would know I was dead. I am not sure if I died due to the Mayan calendar or due to Snowmageddon or the Snowpocolypse that we had yesterday.

Yesterday in the MIDDLEwest (the Chicagoland area in my case) they were telling us for hours how bad the snow storm that was coming was going to be. We were going to get about seven inches of snow with extremely high winds... Well, we have less than an inch. They talked like we lived on the equator and this was the first time there was snow here in history. We get snow every year about this time so what was the big deal? The big deal was that the radio stations and television stations found a way to keep us tuned to listen to their commercial advertisements. I didn't listen because it was out of my control no MATTer what was coming and I would deal with it as it arrived - which I did. I worked outside for about six-and-a-half hours of the end of the world/snowmageddon in the MIDDLEof the night. The only thing about working outside in the MIDDLE of a cornfield on a night like last night is the high wind. I was, and I am not exaggerating - usually when people say things like that they are exaggerating but I am not - walking with the wind at my back and I was leaning back into the wind and I would say I was almost walking and lying down at the same time. At times, last night, I felt like Yukon Cornelius and at other times I felt like Marcel Marceau (real name Marcel Mangel). That made me read-up on Marcel Marceau - he had a very interesting life. I always got a great vibe from him and now I even respect him all that much more. He survived some real stuff - not like this phony baloney (phologna bologna) Mayan thing.
Cha Cha and I are talking about rerecording Baby, It's Cold Outside. We "sang" it for the most recent Dirty Laundry Podcast and we are confident we can do better; it is a guarantee that we will not do worse. I think we may try it again next week (take two). I hope you don't take that as a threat.

If anybody wants an audience with His Royal Blogness (Podness) I actually have four days off in a week next week. I took two vacation days. We work the same hours everyday of the year. So I took two days after my usual "weekend" next week because Cha Cha is off of work and I thought it would be nice to feel like a real boy for a couple of days. I am pretty sure that I am going to be drunk for two of those four just because I don't get to do that anymore. I am going to drink bloody marys with blue cheese olives because they seem to be an endangered species (scroll down and real Wednesday's blog for further info on that MATTer).

I am so happy that a week from now Christmas will be forgotten for another 360 or so days.

I just heard that the Inca calendar ends on December 28, 2012, The Iroquois calender ends on January 7, 2013. The Seminole Calendar ends on January 12, 2013. The Comanche calendar ends on January 17, 2015. All I know for a fact is that my calendar ends on December 31, 2012. I also know that those other ones I made up. Sorry if you panicked and jumped off of a building.

In less than two weeks we are having a serious National Rifle Association (NRA) discussion on the podcast. We have the owner of a company called Urban Tanks on the show who is a card-carrying member and passionate about the NRA. I hope it to be a discussion with some thought and understanding but I guess it is my job to keep it that way. I am usually The Agitator but for that show I think I may have to dial it down a notch. If you have any questions for either side of the debate please send them to me here or at DirtyLaundryPodcast.com or at our Facebook page.

I have some things to do so I had better get to doing them. I think I am going to watch Bowling For Columbine tonight as suggested by my buddy Michael Moore. I have seen it before a couple of times but I think it may have more significance again given the recent return to the wild west of America. It is on CurrentTV tonight at 5:00PM and 7:30PM (MIDDLE-time) followed by Guns In America at 10:00PM. I am watching them both as research for the podcast I guess. I am around guns literally every single day, mostly in my job, and I just want to make sense of this whole thing in a world that doesn't seem to make sense. Thanks a lot for your input and for stopping in. I may not blog tomorrow but sometimes I get a bug up my butt and need to blog. Some time I just get a bee in my bonnet and then I can wait until Monday; a bug in your butt cannot wait - it has to get out! TTT?...MITM (gone). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment