Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Blogging is One of My Good Hobbits!

I wrote this morning that I wouldn't write the blog until after I watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey today. I bet, since I am writing the blog, you have figured out that Cha Cha and I went to see The Hobbit this afternoon. I liked the Lord of the Rings movies. The first one I liked a lot and the other two I liked okay. I liked The Hobbit better than I liked any of the first three. I thought Robin Williams was one of the characters but I just checked on IMDB and it was not him. It looked like his eyes, his mouth expressions and it sounded like his voice between all of the dwarf facial hair but it was not him. I am going to try to read the notes I wrote in the dark theater and maybe this will help (maybe not):

Why don't they have toothpicks at the theater (popcorn requires toothpicks).
The trolls reminded me of The Three Stooges. I though trolls were small.
Pretty sure the wizards aren't smoking tobacco in their pipes.
Saggy scrotum head/chin guy (when you see the film this will make perfect sense)
Gollum and Jar Jar Binks must be related.
This movie is kind of a more high tech Wizard of Oz. There's no place like home.
Elves suck. Are they different from Christmas elves?
Just like in the movie I am on a quest. To get the popcorn kernel out of my teeth.
"True knowledge is not knowing when to take a life but when to spare one."

I hope these notes help in your decision to see the film. I do recommend it. We did not see it in 3-D because Cha Cha cannot see 3-D (isn't life 3-D?). Fabio and Splenda just left to go see the movie. We bought them tickets when we were there. They are seeing it in 3-D. I am a bit jealous. I could tell by the way the movie was filmed it will be great in 3-D. When you see it I recommend 3-D or, if available in your area, I-MAX.

One of my favorite parts of going to the theater is the previews. Some upcoming movies that look interesting are: Warm Bodies (a zombie movie about a cure? looks funny kinda like a Shawn of the Dead or Zombieland), Star Trek: Into the Darkness (I don't think it looks that good but Cha Cha will like it), The Lone Ranger (doesn't look as good as I had hoped with Disney and Johnny Depp being involved - I will probably wait on this one for the buzz), Oblivion (it might be good but they lost me at Tom Cruise. I used to be a fan but I am not anymore. I love Morgan Freeman but probably not enough to offset my over-ness of Cruise), Beautiful Creatures (not my cauldron of tea but happy to see witches are back with all of the vampires and werewolves and wizards and zombies over the last several years). Based on the trailers - I will be more likely to see Warm Bodies than any of the others.
is there some kind of a shortage?

Last night, with Splenda being home from college for a few weeks, we went out to eat. Something happened to me that seems to be a frequent occurrence with me. I had a hankering for an Absolut Peppar bloody mary with blue cheese olives. The waitress took the order and came back in a bit and said (I thought she was going to say they didn't have Absolut Peppar to which I would have said "Absolut is fine"), "we are out of bloody mary mix." The place we were at, Eduardo's, is a Mexican restaurant so how about using salsa? It happened to me at an Italian restaurant (Aquaviva) not long ago too. Don't you have tomato sauces? Tomato juice? So, last night I decided to try a very manly peartini... it sucked! I am going to start taking small cans of bloody mary mix with me when I have a hankering for a bloody mary. Or I could save money and just stay home I suppose. I make better bloody mary's anyway.

If you haven't heard already the new Dirty Laundry Podcast is up. It will make you feel better about yourself - guaranteed. We attempted to sing a song on the show and we would have been gonged or not been told that we were onto Hollywood or whatever. You will enjoy it. We know its' terrible so you won't hurt our feelings.

I am going to head out now. Have a great rest of your night and thanks a lot for stopping in and for listening to the podcast. I should be able to blog again tomorrow. Until then don't do anything I'd want to watch. TTTT...MITM (out without bloody mary mix). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment