Thursday, October 9, 2014

Planes, Trains and Blogomobiles

"I wanna fly jets!"
It's time for me to make a change; I cannot keep working nights. It's killing me. I know I have to die of something but when people ask my family"how did he die?" I want them to have something more exciting to say than "he worked nights." Carrots keep getting dangled and I keep falling for it; maybe if they tried dangling sugar cubes instead of carrots I would consider staying. While I was searching at a job site I saw a job listing for "fighter pilot." Now there is a job that sounds good when somebody asks, "how did he die?" Seriously, there is a job listed as Fighter Pilot. I am half-tempted to apply just to see their faces when a fat MIDDLE-aged man missing a big toe and wearing reading glasses shows up for the interview. I like my work uniform okay but their uniforms are wayyyy cooler.  There's one listed for a Seed Technician but I think I would have a problem working for Monsanto. Plus, to be a Seed technician do you think it is okay that I have had a vasectomy? Assistant Women's Soccer Coach - now there's one I have had experience doing. I was a Head Girl's Soccer Coach about 15 years ago or so. And, since then I have been an Assistant Softball Coach, a Head Baseball Coach, Assistant Basketball Coach... There are few sports that I was not a coach for now that I think of it. The college education did me quite a bit of good getting a job after school but, now everybody has a college education and most of them are younger and less crabby. Maybe I will just get lucky and get hit by a potato truck. If I do it is my hope that it a Frito-Lay truck so my family will make bank!
That just seems dangerous - I don't see Cha Cha doing this

Tomorrow Cha Cha leaves for the south to see Splenda. My Baby Takes the Afternoon Train... I cannot go with her because I have to work and cannot get off this weekend because it is one of our busiest weekends of the year. I am happy that she is taking the train rather than driving - I am a huge worrier and I will worry less this way. I am just happy that I get to keep my Thursday and Friday off at this point. Many of my co-workers would just call-off sick but I am just a loyal dog who is too stupid to do that sort of thing. At least I have off to be able to take her to the train. Then, in about a month, I get to take her to the airport so she can go to California. Planes, Trains and Automobiles. We are looking at taking a Bahamian cruise in early January; I should not have a problem taking time off then because most of January is a very slow time for us. Maybe I should wait to get a new job until I get back from that trip. When starting a new job they don't usually like giving you time off right away.

I am writing this on the patio - what a great autumn day. I need to go in the house and get my charger because my battery is getting low. BRB. You can never have enough extension cords, you know?

We are going to record the new Load of Dirty Laundry Podcast later today when she gets home from work. Then I will spend most of Friday (my Sunday) editing the show and taking my co-host to the train. Livin' the dream! It's been six days since the new show has been uploaded and our numbers are still climbing for the week. Usually, by about four days we still get downloads and embeds and visits and plays and mobile plays... but lately we are getting lots and lots more every week. Every week now I get talented musicians following me on Twitter and I have to believe that is because of the show. I think I will listen to some of their stuff after I get done here and see about making one of these lucky artists' dreams come true. The dream of being played on Dirty Laundry Podcast. Dream big my friends, dream big.
I am actually pretty bummed that Cha Cha is leaving - for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the plants are all gonna die, secondly, I don't get to go with her and see Splenda but mostly, I am gonna miss the heck out of her. We have been best friends (besties) for 30+ years. I am starting to be one of those old farts that has been with his mate that becomes lost without him/her. You always hear about those couples that, when one dies, the other dies shortly after? I think I will probably be one of those old dead farts.

Okay, have to get some more stuff done like Cha Cha's laundry. Thank you for slowing down to read this - I hope you are not reading this while driving. Have a great whatever night this is. I just looked and it's Thursday. Have a great Thursday night. I will probably blog tomorrow between editing and being limo driver. I sure wish the Cardinals were on tomorrow night. Of course, they play Saturday and Sunday. I may be sleep deprived those nights; it would be so much easier being a Cubs' fan this time of year. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment