Monday, October 13, 2014

Getting Blogged in the Rain

I imagine Colin Powell said "From" failure though
We work hard at our jobs for many reasons. We may work hard because we are paid to do a job and we were brought-up to know that if someone pays for our effort we give them that effort. We work hard because that is what our parents taught us to do; we honor them by working the way they taught us to work. We work hard because we have a conscience. We work hard because people depend on our hard work so they can feel safe or nourished or educated or fulfilled or trained or whatever our job provides the people who utilize our services or products or ideas or whatever it is that we do. We work for pride. Yes, the compensation is nice and we do need that to live our lives but we could all be doing something else. I live my off-work time with a clear conscience that I have worked hard for the money, so hard for it honey (sorry, could not help myself). There are many times that I do not care for my job or the hours that I work but I do enjoy what that allows me to do for myself with my family and friends. I am sure, at your work, there are people that don't do their shares of the work and they are compensated the same as you are or, many times, even more. Do they think they are doing their share? Are you just better at your job than they are at theirs? Do they just not care? I have fallen into focusing on these people rather than myself from time-to-time in my life and it is not healthy. I am going to be who I am and let them not be me. I know it may not make any difference in my compensation or my work load. In fact, it has often made it so I have had to do more work because I can be trusted and will get the job done. Yes, that adds further frustration sometimes. I thought philosophizing about that would make me feel better but I philosophized incorrectly. Okay, time to move-on.

I got to listen to the end of the NLCS (National League Championship Series) last night on KMOX, "the voice of St. Louis," while working hard at my work. As you may be aware, because I don't hide it, I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals' fan so, I was very happy at the outcome. I still plan to go to one of the World Series' games when they make it but all of the protesting/demonstrating in town over the Ferguson, Missouri shooting. I am sure there is LOTS of security around Busch Stadium but big disasters happen at huge events sometimes. I would not be nervous if it were just me but taking my son is that part that makes me nervous. At least with a situation like this one knows what they are going into. It is the ones that are total surprises, that nobody has prepared for, that are usually the worst. I am happy the Cards have an off-night because I need to sleep before work tonight for a change.
I just had to bring the moron dog (Jeff) in out of the rain. He's not really a moron - he's actually very, very smart. He's a lot like me I guess (other than he is smart); I love being out in the rain too. I have some great memories of being caught in the rain, though, I do not believe I have been caught in the rain while I was drinking a pina colada (sorry, I don't know how to type a little squiggle over the "n" in pina). I was caught in the rain drinking a margarita in Key West once so, that is close.

That reminds me, we are looking at going to the Bahamas in January. I am pretty sure I will drink lots of drinks that look like that photo there that week. Don't tell Jeff but, he won't be included in that "we." It's the human "we."

Cha Cha is coming home from southern Illinois right now. I talked her into riding the train down for many reasons but it seems that it was a nightmare for her; we will talk LOTS about that on Dirty Laundry Podcast when she gets back. She rented a car to drive home so she could get home in about half the time and not get murdered by the scary people she saw on the train. But, of course, it is raining pretty hard now and she is driving. We didn't do a show last week because it isn't really a show without Cha Cha. Just now, as I write this paragraph, the rain picked-up even more. She is still pretty far down-state so I hope it is not raining this hard down there and it slows down before she gets up here. I am a terrible worrier so, I am worried concerned. The water pouring out of the down-spout outside of the window here sounds like Niagara Falls (slowly I turned...). Now there is a new reason I won't be able to sleep before work tonight. Normally I like the rain to sleep-by.

Jeff, being the smart one, is down in the basement during this storm chewing on a bone.

I recorded The Waking Dead season premiere last night so I am going to make lunch and watch that. One of the great thing about the DVR recordings is that the storm does not bother the reception on those because they are recordings. Unless, of course, the power goes out . Have a great rest of your day. Thanks a lot for stopping in. I think I will be blogging again tomorrow unless working in the rain tonight kills me (a boy can dream). TTTT (unless I drowned in pina coladaville)/ TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment